The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bsc Economics and Statistics/ Statistics, Economics and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Confused101
Jeans and what? There wasn't any interview or any part where they may individually judge you in any way right? Would you advise I take off my ear piercings?

I just wore jean and a t shirt with a jumper on top. they dont assess you in any way. they just want you to be there so they know you ARE interested in the course. Dont wry about it. the day will be a bit boring (especially cos our guide didnt speak english) but you wont be asked to do anything.

the mock lesson is just a little powerpoint on the simpsons paradox

the earings are your choice. they have nothing against it
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 141
Original post by manav007
I just wore jean and a t shirt with a jumper on top. they dont assess you in any way. they just want you to be there so they know you ARE interested in the course. Dont wry about it. the day will be a bit boring (especially cos our guide didnt speak english) but you wont be asked to do anything.

the mock lesson is just a little powerpoint on the simpsons paradox

the earings are your choice. they have nothing against it

What did everyone wear?

And thanks for all the help! =)
I'm sooooo worried atm :frown:... is it possible for people to get offers without the required open-day attendance? i'm EU btw...
Original post by freakonomist
I'm sooooo worried atm :frown:... is it possible for people to get offers without the required open-day attendance? i'm EU btw...

I am pretty sure you have to attend open day to get an offer. If you really can't, I suggest you email them about it or better - phone them and ask for Dr Yvo Pokern (If you are applying for Econ & Stats).

Hopefully you get an offer :smile:
Original post by freakonomist

stop worrying, u'll get an ans by 31 march. thats the deadline
Reply 145
hows the open day n did Dr. say how many open days left?
Original post by kurmac
hows the open day n did Dr. say how many open days left?

According to the leaflet they gave us, there is one on the 30th March.
Reply 147
Someone on the economics applicants thread said the last open day was next week?!
Reply 148
Original post by neverloggedin
According to the leaflet they gave us, there is one on the 30th March.

is that the last one or theres one more before this? whats else on the leaflet? and btw do u think there are still lots of place for them to offer us or its almost over :frown:
Original post by kurmac
is that the last one or theres one more before this? whats else on the leaflet? and btw do u think there are still lots of place for them to offer us or its almost over :frown:

That is probably the last one. There were around 30 people in the open day so 30 more offers (for statistics department). Around 15 of them were Economics & Statistics so probably 15 more offers.
offffeeeeerrrrr!!!!!
Reply 151
rejection
I was at the open day on wednesday. The undergrads who gave us the tours etc. said that that was the last open day :\
Reply 153
Original post by Willetts.Josh
I was at the open day on wednesday. The undergrads who gave us the tours etc. said that that was the last open day :\

On the 14th? Or the 30th?
Original post by somaiyar
On the 14th? Or the 30th?

The one that just happened on the 7th was apparently the last one.
Anyone who went to the open day on the 7th got their track notification yet?
Original post by neverloggedin
Invitation to open day on 7th, and that means 99% offer, YAY! So happy :smile:

Hey, I was at that open day too, not sure if we met. Have you got your track notification through yet? Thanks
Reply 157
I have a L100 (Economics) offer at UCL, do you reckon I can switch to Econ & Stats?
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone still waiting for an offer?? :O
Original post by irfaaaaaaaaan
anyone still waiting for an offer?? :O

Got mine today (After attending the open day on the 7th)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending