Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Pokémon Society Off-topic Thread

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Welcome everyone to TSR Pokémon Society's Off-topic/Chat Thread

Thread mascot: Boba fett :nooo:

Currently just an experiment...but this is potentially somewhere for pokésoc members to chat, discuss off-topic stuff & spam away to their heart's content

Please keep everything within tsr rules & happy spamming

On-topic thread can be found here
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear!
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woo someone posted! :awesome:

Ah bug catchers :giggle:
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.J. Omega)
    I got 9999 anyway. On an unrelated note, how do you put hyperlinks into sigs? I've got the new thread link in mine but it looks crappy
    Use url tags :awesome: its' [url=website]text you want displayed[/url]

So if you wanted to link to the new pokemon society thread & have it read 'Pokemon Society' you'd write:

[url=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1717411]Pokemon Society[/url]

which would look like:

Pokemon Society
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanted ALL the prizes

I've got the hyperlink now, but I want to substitute the link into the word 'TSR', (basically to make it look neater) like Skipp's done with hers.
    Damn having to quote manually

See post below
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Use url tags :awesome: its' [url=website]text you want displayed[/url]

So if you wanted to link to the new pokemon society thread & have it read 'Pokemon Society' you'd write:

[url=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1717411]Pokemon Society[/url]

which would look like:

Pokemon Society
    Ooh, shiny chat thread :teeth: Thanks, I think I've got it sorted now :awesome:

P.S. You meant above
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, shiny chat thread :teeth: Thanks, I think I've got it sorted now :awesome:

P.S. You meant above
    Looks awesome :teeth:

And damn you with your backwards posts I'm a newest post first kinda person :ahee:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Right first thing to address in the new thread...please can we try to avoid off-topic conversation on the on-topic thread

As we can all probably see from the first few minutes of this thread...we're not very good at that (mybad :giggle:)...so I've created a nice shiny new thread where we can blackmail RJ. comment on the rep-prowess of Jangra/Ape/Gofre & tell each other about hyperlinks...I'm sure we'll all get used to it soon

Thanks everyone
    New life goal: Become leader of the TSR Pokemon Society by Generation VI.

• 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    New life goal: Become leader of the TSR Pokemon society by Generation VI.

You'll have to become an actual member first :laugh:
    • 204 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    You'll have to become an actual member first :laugh:
    Oh yeah, forgot about that :rolleyes: looks like I have to ask for a favour, Skipp m'dear
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantophrenia)
    :rofl2:
    :wavey:
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, forgot about that :rolleyes: looks like I have to ask for a favour, Skipp m'dear
    Of course I'll even send you an invite
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Of course I'll even send you an invite
    I feel so special :flutter:
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Invite sent & post stats from the last on-topic thread now up in the OP of the new on-topic thread
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel so special :flutter:
    :ahee:

It's impressive how many join requests we get actually :erm: I hardly ever have to invite anyone...wish I'd been keeping track of how many we'd had this week, know we've passed 300 members now though :woo:
    • 204 followers

ReputationRep:
    The woman behind me on the bus today was speaking really loudly on her phone and she kept going on about a bad relationship she had, how much she hated men and joked that she should become a lesbian/be celibate. The guy sitting next to me kept mumbling under his breath about how the bus was going "****ing slow" even though it was traveling at the normal pace. Bit of an awkward journey.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :ahee:

It's impressive how many join requests we get actually :erm: I hardly ever have to invite anyone...wish I'd been keeping track of how many we'd had this week, know we've passed 300 members now though :woo:
    16th place, with 127 posts - not too shabby, considering I never really used TSR until this summer and I didn't actually find the soc until June-ish after my exams had finished :laugh:

Edit: Oh wow, I never even noticed I had two green gems for my rep :awesome: must...not...get..addicted...to. .TSR's...crappy...rep...system!
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantophrenia)
    The woman behind me on the bus today was speaking really loudly on her phone and she kept going on about a bad relationship she had, how much she hated men and joked that she should become a lesbian/be celibate. The guy sitting next to me kept mumbling under his breath about how the bus was going "****ing slow" even though it was traveling at the normal pace. Bit of an awkward journey.
    You think that's awkward

Couple of days ago had had a pretty **** day, but had been cheered up after my partner's dad took us out to dinner. Was on my way home, stopped at a cash point & stood & waited behind the lady using it...she seemed a bit odd but didn't really think much of it.
    Then suddenly she threw her purse on the floor & started screaming 'bitch!!!!!!!' at me really loudly in the middle of the street and going on about how all the 'black people of africa' were going to kill all the 'white french people' like me & how I'd pay for being white when she went 'to africa tomorrow'...then returned to just screaming 'bitch' over and over to me, didn't help that my partner's reaction to awkwardness is to burst into uncontrollable laughter

Problem was I think all the people in the street thought I'd said something racist to her...so they didn't want to help, so I just sort of had to stand there feeling awkward whilst she yelled at me...until I was saved by some nice Irish people

That was pretty damn awkward
    • 204 followers

ReputationRep:
    Irish people are nice, they have cool accents.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 17, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.