The Student Room Group

Is it possible???

Okay, so here's the deal. I had planned to take my AS levels in october this year, and A2 in the june of next year. The problem, however, is that i've heard people say that A2 is extremely tough. Is it really that tough? I mean, i scored really well on my gcse's (6A*s and 2As). I thought i could handle it, but listening to people talk about it like that makes me doubt my ability. Alternatively, i was planning to go a whole term (september 2012 to june 2013) and get some work experience in order between jan and september 2012. But will that affect my application? I'm hoping to apply for medicine... What do you guys think?
P.S. Sorry about the length. Just a strange frame of mind :frown:
P.P.S. If you read so far, congrats! You're extremely patient! :tongue:
thnx.
You can't take AS levels in October. You can in January.

Why do you want to take A Levels in an entire year? That's a big workload.
unnecessary large workload

why over one year?
Reply 3
I'd do them over two years to maximise your chances of scoring highly.
Original post by sn8595
Okay, so here's the deal. I had planned to take my AS levels in october this year, and A2 in the june of next year. The problem, however, is that i've heard people say that A2 is extremely tough. Is it really that tough? I mean, i scored really well on my gcse's (6A*s and 2As). I thought i could handle it, but listening to people talk about it like that makes me doubt my ability. Alternatively, i was planning to go a whole term (september 2012 to june 2013) and get some work experience in order between jan and september 2012. But will that affect my application? I'm hoping to apply for medicine... What do you guys think?
P.S. Sorry about the length. Just a strange frame of mind :frown:
P.P.S. If you read so far, congrats! You're extremely patient! :tongue:
thnx.

A2 is a killer believe me its better to take time and do the course really well.
i tried what you are planning and well its seriously something you shouldnt do:redface:
That`s a large pile of work to do in one year. Is there any reason that you want to do in in one year? I wouldn`t recomend it as there is a large leap from GCSEs to A-levels. Plus if you are thinking of going into medicine wouldn`t it be better to take two years and get the highest possible grades as medicine is extremly competitive.
Reply 6
I was afraid 'bout the workload. I was kind of hoping to get it over with so I could start uni in September next year...but I guess my grades wouldn't help me there, right? thanks for all the replies, btw. I'm seriously considering doing it over 2 years now.... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest