The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Studying with OU

Hi, I'm studying with the OU part time. Trying to get a law degree. Would say I'm half way there now. But just wanting to know if anyone else studying with the OU and what they think to it and if they've managed to complete their degree.

Also just wondering if sometimes you've felt like you've wanted to give up and what motivates you to carry on.

How much help and support have you had with doing it?
Original post by Tinker_Bell
Hi, I'm studying with the OU part time. Trying to get a law degree. Would say I'm half way there now. But just wanting to know if anyone else studying with the OU and what they think to it and if they've managed to complete their degree.

Also just wondering if sometimes you've felt like you've wanted to give up and what motivates you to carry on.

How much help and support have you had with doing it?

Im not with the OU...but what do you think of it? How much support do you get with the course? How long is your part-time course? Any aspirations for what to do with your law degree?

mmmm... motivation...the sense of achievement when you acomplish something that is so hard you feel like giving up along the way is unparalled :biggrin:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
With the course I take I get given a tutor, which you can contact by phone or email, tho each one will tell you when they preferred to be contacted. I have one tutorial each month of my course. A course takes 8 months to complete. The tutorials last around 2 hours, but the last one is around 6 hours for revision purposes. They are not compulsory but I feel they do help. I haven't been to them all cos of other things going on but aim to go to the last one. Apart from my tutorial I don't get any other support with my work. You can meet people at tutorials but I've never plucked up courage to ask for someones number so I tend to find I'm doing it all by myself. I do a course a year which is worth 60 points and I need 360 for my degree. I'm nearly finishing my 3rd course so I have 3 more years after this. Some other people doing my course have done smaller courses inbetween so they can finish it earlier, but I like the break. I want to eventually become a solicitor. After my degree I need to do my LPC which can take another 2 years, but gonna try and do it full time to get it done with :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest