The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Freshers private accommodation

Hey, i applied to Lincoln through clearing, and this morning i received a letter telling me that all on and off campus accommodation was gone, and i had to sort out my own for the year. I've found several houses that have rooms available, was just wondering if any other freshers are in a similar position? Thanks
Aye same here mate, though i'm not sure if they are all full. I couldn't really make heads or tails of the letter....it said "Due to On Campus and Off Campus halls of residence being fully offerd at this stage i am pleased to provide you with contact details of landlords" ...I don't really get this, so we have to sort out our own accomidation or what? :confused:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
yeah, i just got in contact with some landlord companies like lighthouse and clubeasy and found an empty 5 bedroom house for student rent!
Aye, theres loads of houses and that available but generally you try to move into shared housing in your second year, you know so you've got mates who you can move in with.
The First year is suppose to be living in the halls, where you meet as much people as possible, make friends etc.
GOD i'm so confused and angry lol :s-smilie:
You should ideally try to share a house with other freshers, but failing that there's plenty of other places to make friends with other freshers, your course being the main one, freshers events being another, and joining a team or society is another great way. A team like snow sports is ideal because its full of like-minded people looking to learn something new, and everyones really friendly and welcoming :smile:
I read on here last year that some people phoned the off campus accommodation offices and asked them directly.
Brayford Quay - 01522 536548
Park Court - 01522 877777
Pavillions - 01522 886195 (it says on their website that they still have places for those who have applied to Lincoln through clearing and to contact them on that number)
Hayes Wharf - 08081 80 80 80 or [email protected] (the phone number is for all their locations so don't know how useful it'll be)
Junxion - 01522 548 562

Hope this helps, Pavillions looks to be you best bet but I think it's one of the most expensive. Really nice though!
Reply 6
A lot of my course mates last year were in house's even though they were freshers its been a problem for a while. I think the problem myself is a lot of people stay in Pavs and Junxion (not sure about other places) for their 2nd and 3rd year to the point I would say there are more 2nd and 3rd years than freshers there so not a lot of new places. But it pretty easy to find house's. Though don't go with lighthouse they are quiet bad according to the people I know who have used them. One of my friends was ****ed over this year by them within one week of moving in.
Reply 7
Does anyone know where the best places to look for accommodation are?
hiya (: yeah im in this clearing/no accommodation position too ;/
ive found one roommate so far, and we're looking to share a 4 bed house. we're searching for the house tomorrow and ringing around to see whats available -anyone interested? (:
Original post by JessJessJessJump
ive found one roommate so far, and we're looking to share a 4 bed house. we're searching for the house tomorrow and ringing around to see whats available -anyone interested? (:

i've got a friend who is also looking for accommodation, she would be interested definitely!
Reply 10

I'm interested in sharing - getting really stressed over not having anywhere to live
Reply 11
I have a friend desperatly looking for a place to live if anyone knows of anyone looking for a flatmate?
the two girls above, my friend is too. Why not you and your friend, and her, and perhaps one other?
Reply 13
My cousin works in the student accommodation part, apparently the manager is furious that there isnt enough room for everyone and they WILL sort something out.

Dont worry if your homeless like me.
Reply 14
still looking for a house share with other people anyone interested, so that i can get something sorted ????
Reply 15
I've spent the last two days ringing landlords in the Lincoln area and everywhere seems full. Does anyone know what happens if we can't find accommodation? I heard that the uni have to sort us out but other people have said they don't.
hello all,

Im looking for a house share aswell going into my first year at Lincoln,
If you are looking for someone to share with let me know and we can start getting something sorted asap.
heres my facebook just to let you know who i am:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=573877307

get back to me soon

cheers
SAM

Quick Reply

Latest