The Student Room Group

Who's your favourite Comedian?

Scroll to see replies

Oh god, there are far too many to choose from.

I really like Ricky Gervais - I know a lot of people think he's arrogant but I think that's what makes him funny. Fan or not, you can't deny that The Office is simply brilliance.

Musical comedy never fails to make me laugh - I think comedians such as Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin, David O'Doherty are just genius.

I think Eddie Izzard is great, very naturally funny. Dara O'Briain is probably one of my favourite stand-up comedians too. I love Jack Dee's style too. Aaah there are so many wonderful comedians I could never name them all.

Peter Kay deserves a mention because he's the person who really got me interested in stand-up comedy to begin with. Granted, his most recent stuff is a bit... pants, but he still deserves recognition.
(edited 12 years ago)
Where's the Bill Bailey love?! But loads of others too: Sean Lock, Lee Evans, oh and Alan Carr is really a brilliant comedian. The list goes on.
Dave Chappelle.
john bishop & alan carr!!
Reply 84
1. David Mitchell
2.Stephen Fry
3.Ross Noble.

In that order.
Hmmmm, theres so many. Bill Bailey, Ross Noble, Dara O'Briain's live shows are so good too. At the minute I really like Jon Richardson, I just love his style of story telling/comments on everyday stuff, much better than loads of other 'observational' comedians.
Jim Jeffries, Jimmy Carr, Sean Locke, Bill Bailey and Frankie Boyle. My top five, without any order or anythign
Alan Carr

Russel Brand

Michael McIntyre

Harry Hill :biggrin:

Jimmy Carr

Kevin Bridge

That guy on BBC3 (not Lee Nelson)

The guys on Mock the Week

Ian Hislop on the other guy on HIGNFY :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by Dee Leigh
Alan Carr

Russel Brand

Michael McIntyre

Harry Hill :biggrin:

Jimmy Carr

Kevin Bridge

That guy on BBC3 (not Lee Nelson)

The guys on Mock the Week

Ian Hislop on the other guy on HIGNFY :biggrin:

Russel Howard?
Bill Hicks, Stuart Lee, Dylan Moran
Original post by Harley
Russel Howard?

Oh yeah, that's the one :smile:

Also:
Chris Rock
Noel Fielding
Phil Jupitus
Mr. Bean and Jim Carry ......both my all time favorite comedians....

termite orange county
Reply 93
Russell Brand of course! :awesome:

I used to LOVE him in Ponderland in particular, and I still watch it even now :yep:

I always kill myself laughing when I watch this :rofl2:

Ya better watch out! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
Frankie Boyle and Michael McIntyre
keith lemon!!!
potatooooooooooe!
Shatiiiiinggg!!!
Banggg tidddyyy!!!
CHRIS ADDISON!! :love:

And Michael McIntyre!!
Reply 97
Haven't got a favourite per say but i do really love the one liners of Tim Vine and the two Chris's, Rock and Tucker, have both induced tears of laughter in me.
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Russell Brand of course! :awesome:

Here's a useful link for Russell Brand fans. It's an archive of his BBC radio podcasts (including the infamous "Manuelgate").

Enjoy!
Original post by lukas1051
Oh god, there are far too many to choose from.

I really like Ricky Gervais - I know a lot of people think he's arrogant but I think that's what makes him funny. Fan or not, you can't deny that The Office is simply brilliance.

Musical comedy never fails to make me laugh - I think comedians such as Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin, David O'Doherty are just genius.

I think Eddie Izzard is great, very naturally funny. Dara O'Briain is probably one of my favourite stand-up comedians too. I love Jack Dee's style too. Aaah there are so many wonderful comedians I could never name them all.

Peter Kay deserves a mention because he's the person who really got me interested in stand-up comedy to begin with. Granted, his most recent stuff is a bit... pants, but he still deserves recognition.

There isn't enough love for Tim;

Quick Reply

Latest