The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aeyurttaser13
still waiting to hear from leeds and newcastle.. rejected by king's and liverpool already :frown:

I haven't heard back from newcastle too. :frown:
Reply 841
Eek got my Manchester offer!!! Now to cross my fingers and hope I manage to meet the grade requirements :/ good luck with the interviews and everything else fellow internationals - id like to believe we'll all make it to the UK this year :smile:
Reply 842
Original post by intoruins
Eek got my Manchester offer!!! Now to cross my fingers and hope I manage to meet the grade requirements :/ good luck with the interviews and everything else fellow internationals - id like to believe we'll all make it to the UK this year :smile:

Congrats!! :biggrin: That is awesome
:crossedf:

congrats fellow singaporean :biggrin: hope i hear good news too hehe.
Reply 844
Original post by doctork2
I flew here via British Airways... Their services are quite good, but I had the most uncomfortable flight on the way here because I was sitting in between a large woman who snored the whole flight through (glad she was comfortable) and a kid who wouldnt stop picking his nose... so yeah, quite interesting :biggrin:

Haha its a 2-3-2 arrangement and I picked a window seat, hopefully I will sit next to an attractive blonde.
For most people who go to UK for interviews, do they just stay for couple of days?
Reply 845
Original post by Metastasis
congrats fellow singaporean :biggrin: hope i hear good news too hehe.

Original post by apple17
Congrats!! :biggrin: That is awesome
:crossedf:

thanks guys (: best of luck to you guys too!!!
Reply 846
Original post by AbuAK
Haha its a 2-3-2 arrangement and I picked a window seat, hopefully I will sit next to an attractive blonde.
For most people who go to UK for interviews, do they just stay for couple of days?

You see, I was expecting the same thing too, but I think I got a little bit ahead of myself - I was expecting to sit beside TWO attractive ladies.... ended up sitting beside a baby who wouldnt stop crying and a large woman who had to constantly use the bathroom and snore loudly...

But who knows? Your luck/charisma might be a charm :cool:
Reply 847
You see, I was expecting the same thing too, but I think I got a little bit ahead of myself - I was expecting to sit beside TWO attractive ladies.... ended up sitting beside a baby who wouldnt stop crying and a large woman who had to constantly use the bathroom and snore loudly...

But who knows? Your luck/charisma might be a charm :cool:

:facepalm:
How did the interviews go?
Reply 848
Original post by apple17
:facepalm:
How did the interviews go?

It went... okay I guess? I don't really know what to expect, really. The people who interviewed me were so nice! Didn't really expect that at all :biggrin: Southampton is currently at the top of my list atm... hope that the interviewers saw my burning desire to study medicine ahahaha
Reply 849
It went... okay I guess? I don't really know what to expect, really. The people who interviewed me were so nice! Didn't really expect that at all :biggrin: Southampton is currently at the top of my list atm... hope that the interviewers saw my burning desire to study medicine ahahaha

Aww, good luck and hope you get in :biggrin:
They probably did. :laugh:
To the singaporeans out there with offers, do we have to take an IELTS test?
I have an offer from glasgow and as part of the conditions, it has an IELTS requirement but I always thought it didnt apply to singapore. Should I go take it? :/
Reply 851
Original post by hamandcheese
I have an offer from glasgow and as part of the conditions, it has an IELTS requirement but I always thought it didnt apply to singapore. Should I go take it? :/

Congrats on the Glasgow offer! \o/ as for IELTS maybe you should check with your school - our career guidance counselors sent out an email saying they would 'clear these [the issue of IELTS requirements] after A level results at the university-wide level'. Lol frankly I think it's a little lame that they require it, I mean our exams are all in English and the interview was in English too right?
Congrats on the Glasgow offer! \o/ as for IELTS maybe you should check with your school - our career guidance counselors sent out an email saying they would 'clear these [the issue of IELTS requirements] after A level results at the university-wide level'. Lol frankly I think it's a little lame that they require it, I mean our exams are all in English and the interview was in English too right?

some med schools in malaysia required IELTS from me and im a Canadian applicant.....

so you never know lol

Yeah thats why!! Hahaha I really hope your teachers do something then. All the best for your offers :smile: Which schools did you apply to!
Reply 854
I'm on 'Hold' with Manchester. Better than an outright rejection I guess :biggrin:

Hey, I have the same offer from Glasgow I think. For me I guess it is because I do not have 'O' Level English, and they do not accept my Lang Arts or GP grade (yes, I asked them). Not too sure if you still have to take the IELTS given you have 'O' Level English. Best to email them and ask?

Right now I'm just worried all the army talk will affect the speech component of my IELTS test lol.
Reply 855
Yeah thats why!! Hahaha I really hope your teachers do something then. All the best for your offers :smile: Which schools did you apply to!

I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester and Sheffield for Med - Bristol & Nottingham rejected me without interview (I R DISAPPOINT HDU okay kidding i'm cool with it) but Manchester gave me an offer so \o/. I was deciding between Nottingham and Glasgow actually and I do kinda wish I applied to Glasgow - at might've at least gotten an interview heh.
Original post by llamelvin
I'm on 'Hold' with Manchester. Better than an outright rejection I guess :biggrin:

Hey, I have the same offer from Glasgow I think. For me I guess it is because I do not have 'O' Level English, and they do not accept my Lang Arts or GP grade (yes, I asked them). Not too sure if you still have to take the IELTS given you have 'O' Level English. Best to email them and ask?

Right now I'm just worried all the army talk will affect the speech component of my IELTS test lol.

Oh congrats!!! :biggrin: Are you going to accept the offer? Oh I'm guessing you were from IP? Yeah I think I'll just email them to check. HAHA oh yeah I heard ns does that to you. Don't worry, cant be that hard to meet the IELTS requirement :smile:
Reply 857

Oh congrats!!! :biggrin: Are you going to accept the offer? Oh I'm guessing you were from IP? Yeah I think I'll just email them to check. HAHA oh yeah I heard ns does that to you. Don't worry, cant be that hard to meet the IELTS requirement :smile:

Yeap IP is right. Probably will accept the offer. Idk though, you got the letter with all the information and reply forms right? I don't have that reply slip they mention in the letter. Possibly because I applied for 2013 entry and the letter's dated for 2012 entry. Not too sure really but I have to fulfill all the requirements of the offer by August this year either way (IELTS, evidence of results and 1k deposit)

I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester and Sheffield for Med - Bristol & Nottingham rejected me without interview (I R DISAPPOINT HDU okay kidding i'm cool with it) but Manchester gave me an offer so \o/. I was deciding between Nottingham and Glasgow actually and I do kinda wish I applied to Glasgow - at might've at least gotten an interview heh.

Manchester is awesome. It has the National Squash Centre that hosts many great PSA tournaments. :biggrin: Anyway both Manchester and Glasgow are PBL schools so another plus point if you prefer that system like me.

Btw, any of you reapplying to NUS or to NTU-Imperial tie-up?
Reply 858
Original post by llamelvin
Btw, any of you reapplying to NUS or to NTU-Imperial tie-up?

I'll probably be applying to NUS just to give it a shot but ummmmmm it's a long shot.
Reply 859
To any Canadians who have their interview tomorrow in Toronto - what documents are you bringing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending