The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Poll

For Internationals ONLY - What was your average UKCAT score?

Hi, I just found how difficult it can be for internationals to navigate through the forum and obtain information... I thought maybe I can create an international applicants forum to talk about applying to UK Medical Schools and whatnot. Feel free to ask questions and create loads of discussions! :biggrin:

Good luck, everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by doctork2
Hi, I just found how difficult it can be for internationals to navigate through the forum and obtain information... I thought maybe I can create an international applicants forum to talk about applying to UK Medical Schools and whatnot. Feel free to ask questions and create loads of discussions! :biggrin:

Good luck, everyone!

Think I'll be hanging around here for quite a bit :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Ergo
Think I'll be hanging around here for quite a bit :tongue:

Great! Welcome to the thread!!
Where are you from? Where are you planning to apply? How'd you score on your ukcat? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hey. :smile:
International applicant: from Canada. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by apple17
International applicant: from Canada. :smile:

hey apple! nice of you to join us here :biggrin:
Reply 5
hey apple! nice of you to join us here :biggrin:

Decided to chek out the compeititon.
Nah. jks. Its going to be a rough year so us intls gotta stick to each other. :smile:
btw can u add a poll to the thread so we can see how many people are scoring in what band
Reply 6
would you like a poll on the:
UKCAT score of INTERNATIONAL applicants
or
The Universities they're interested in applying to?
Reply 7
would you like a poll on the:
UKCAT score of INTERNATIONAL applicants
or
The Universities they're interested in applying to?

UKCAT score of international applicants
Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by apple17
UKCAT score of international applicants
Thanks

Okay it's added!
Let the party begin :colone:
Reply 9
Hey also a Canadian applicant :smile: Let the party begin indeed
Reply 10
Which schools are you guys planning to apply to?
Reply 11
KCL, St.A's are definite. Maybe Glasgow and cardiff. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by 126Ve960
Hey I'm from Hong Kong :smile: Thanks for making this thread! It'll be nice to know what other intls are up to

You have a really high UKCAT score. I hope you are not applying to the same unis as me. :P
jks, where u thinking of applying.
Reply 13
Cambridge, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh. (I'm applying to really selective ones because I have safeties in my hometown lol - I won't be too surprised if I don't get into any of these!)
How's the PS going? Mine is sounding very fake atm :frown:

That is some hardcore university choices you have. LOL My family is also from an asian descent (South Korea) and I must admit - my parents were a wee bit disappointed when I told them I'm not applying to Oxbridge :colondollar:

My PS is going okay... It just sounds like: I did this, i learned from this, this is useful because... :frown: It's so hard to put my thoughts on the paper!!
Reply 14
hey! its a brilliant thing to have an international students thread! i've been looking for something like this for ages!
nad Good Luck people! Competition for international students in medicine is VERY Fierce! hope we all make it! :smile:
Reply 15
hey everybody...!! which one is safer to apply to with a low ukcat score from these glasgow,sheffield and newcastle??what do you guys think on it?
Reply 16
Original post by cute_wish
hey everybody...!! which one is safer to apply to with a low ukcat score from these glasgow,sheffield and newcastle??what do you guys think on it?

Prob sheffield as their intl cutoff is lower. last year someone got in with 650 while home cutoff is 717.5. they look at PS a lot more while glasgow and newcastle interview solely on ukcat.
Reply 17
Cambridge, UCL, KCL, Edinburgh. (I'm applying to really selective ones because I have safeties in my hometown lol - I won't be too surprised if I don't get into any of these!)
How's the PS going? Mine is sounding very fake atm :frown:

Oh, I am thinking of cambridge as well. :smile:
Haha, i am going to start writing a good draft tonight as I have a long weekend but i did 6-7 drafts that were crap before. Hate the PS. :angry:
Reply 18
Original post by apple17
Prob sheffield as their intl cutoff is lower. last year someone got in with 650 while home cutoff is 717.5. they look at PS a lot more while glasgow and newcastle interview solely on ukcat.

thanks for your advice.That helped ! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by cute_wish
thanks for your advice.That helped ! :smile:

You are welcome. :smile:
If you don't mind me asking how did u score in UKCAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending