Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by jaek13456
Hey guys good luck :smile: !!!

I'm really excited for second year as in the first year it will go over a lot of basic stuff that you learned in A levels of the subject to bring everyone to the same level. You will learn new stuff in first year but please be aware that most courses run this way :smile:

Though to add to this out of the stuff in first year 40% of it was new to me so you will learn !

Also remember that for some of you you will be moving out. I'm someone who hardly did anything for myself back at home a year ago. I made my bed did some washing up and mowed the lawn and that was pretty much it. It took me just two weeks to feel comfortable living on my own and these are vital skills that will never go away :smile:

Will be living in Victoria Halls next year so if anyone is there or nearby I might see you around :smile:

Seeeing as you know a lot more about jmu, I was wondering if you could just tell me when we get our official timetables because the ones on the website don't help at all lol :smile:.
Liverpool
Original post by katie182
Seeeing as you know a lot more about jmu, I was wondering if you could just tell me when we get our official timetables because the ones on the website don't help at all lol :smile:.

Normally you get them in your induction. (I hope you know that ! XD)

And also when in the timetables section of the site have you tried sorting it by student set.

Also would help if i knew your course and department so I could help find your timetable for you :biggrin:

If your accommodation (Opal I think) is nearby to where you're studying there should be other people there that can help you locate where you need to go if you don't understand your timetable too well.

Luckily it didn't take me too long to find everything.

Good luck :smile: And you never know may meet you one day :tongue: (The amount of times I saw people from Opal on a night out completely unrelated to them :tongue:

Not that I'll notice you of course :biggrin: Don't have a clue what you look like.
Reply 282
Original post by jaek13456
Normally you get them in your induction. (I hope you know that ! XD)

And also when in the timetables section of the site have you tried sorting it by student set.

Also would help if i knew your course and department so I could help find your timetable for you :biggrin:

If your accommodation (Opal I think) is nearby to where you're studying there should be other people there that can help you locate where you need to go if you don't understand your timetable too well.

Luckily it didn't take me too long to find everything.

Good luck :smile: And you never know may meet you one day :tongue: (The amount of times I saw people from Opal on a night out completely unrelated to them :tongue:

Not that I'll notice you of course :biggrin: Don't have a clue what you look like.

thats me in the pic, im Ted hahaa oh yeah Ted goes to JMU hahaaa
and well done for remembering me haha, could be a sign that you spend waaaaay too much time on here haha but you are helping people so its all right lol
thanks for the advice on the timetables as well :biggrin:
Original post by katie182
thats me in the pic, im Ted hahaa oh yeah Ted goes to JMU hahaaa
and well done for remembering me haha, could be a sign that you spend waaaaay too much time on here haha but you are helping people so its all right lol
thanks for the advice on the timetables as well :biggrin:

I visit from time to time ^_^

And I don't talk to many people on here :tongue: So it was quite easy to remember you
Gonna give this thread a bump! :P
Who here is studying forensic psychology an criminal justice? :smile: Add me or pm me or something! Wanna get to know some people before we all start!! :biggrin:
Original post by Ashfletch15
I'm doing the same course and staying in grand central block C Flat 229 :smile:

Same course, but I'm staying at home. Add me or something :smile: don't wanna be billy no mates on the first day :')
Anybody studying business studies? :smile:
Reply 287
Is anybody doing business studies? Don't know anybody on this course!! :confused:
Reply 288
Hello,

I am in desperate need of finding a replacement tenant for a room I have with Cosmo Student homes. The price of the room is £77 a week for 42 weeks self-catered (£3,214 for the year I think in instalments of £1,078) and that includes all bills and internet, as well as a deposit of £250. The flat is part of a 'halls' consisting of different universities and years within Liverpool, and is situated right in the centre of the city, about 10-15 minutes walk from John Moores and Liverpool Uni.

If anyone is interested/knows of anyone interested please feel free to message me! [And know that you'd be saving my life literally].
Reply 289
Original post by Redken5519
Anybody studying business studies? :smile:

Me, you in halls or staying at home?
If anyone's studying English/Creative Writing/both at JMU, send me a message! I don't know anyone at all! :frown:
hi i am considering of applying for pharmacy at ljmu
i was just wondering what the weekly timetable is like for a pharmacy student?
Original post by GeorgiaFashion
Hello! I got an offer to study Fashion for 2012! My biggest problem is fighting out my top two choices so I just have one favourite! Finding it hard to pick which Uni! I've also got an offer to Falmouth University for Fashion, So theyre completely opposite in terms of locations and size of the place! AHHH STUCKKKKKK!

Hey was wondering how hard your first year was in a fashion degree need some advice getting kinda worried about the work ?? I join a fashion course degree in September ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending