The Student Room Group

3 marks off an A!! HELP!

In my Psychology AQA AS exam in June, Unit 2 I got an A (this was high) and Unit 1 I got a C! Just 3 marks off a B which would have made my overall grade an A! Now I'm in the position where I don't know if I should send it for a remark or just retake to get those 3 MARKS! and if I remark I don't know if they will change it or not! Complete waste of time and money! Any suggestions as to what I should do...?

Overall I got a B, but I want to take Psychology at University
Reply 1
chances are it will go down because a senior marker will do the remark

and 3 marks off seems pretty standard tbh, just work harder at A2 to compensate
Get a photocopy of your Unit 1 scrips and take it to your teacher go through it with them and see if you deserve more mark, then take it for a remark if it's that close.
Reply 3
Are the modules in year 13 the same or similar to those in Unit 1? If so then it couldn't hurt to resit the module as it will only help you this coming year. However, if none of it is relevant to year 13 then perhaps not as you will be spending time on something when you could be putting all of your attention into the A2
Reply 4
just aim for 83/100 in unit 3 and 80/100 in unit 4 minimum next year and it will all be brought up to an A. anyways if you want to do it at uni and are aiming for an A*, getting 90s in unit 3 and 4 will get you an A* and unit 2 wont matter.
Original post by Caitles123
Are the modules in year 13 the same or similar to those in Unit 1? If so then it couldn't hurt to resit the module as it will only help you this coming year. However, if none of it is relevant to year 13 then perhaps not as you will be spending time on something when you could be putting all of your attention into the A2

No Unit 3 and 4 are really different to Unit 1 & 2. Yeah I don't want to spend time doing Unit 1 and not pay attention to A2
Original post by emmakh123
just aim for 83/100 in unit 3 and 80/100 in unit 4 minimum next year and it will all be brought up to an A. anyways if you want to do it at uni and are aiming for an A*, getting 90s in unit 3 and 4 will get you an A* and unit 2 wont matter.

Thanks. Guessing I might work a bit harder this year... Ideally I would like an A*, but would be happy with an A

Quick Reply

Latest