The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My dad wouldn't even let me sit in the drivers seat to practise moving the gears. I told him doing it in the passanger's seat wasn't quite the same... i.e. using the wrong flipping arm!
Reply 21
blissy
My dad wouldn't even let me sit in the drivers seat to practise moving the gears. I told him doing it in the passanger's seat wasn't quite the same... i.e. using the wrong flipping arm!

Last time I mentioned to a female passenger about playing with my gearstick I got a slap
bazippit
Last time I mentioned to a female passenger about playing with my gearstick I got a slap

Well, maybe she wanted to do it instead?
Reply 23
Iluvatar
Well, maybe she wanted to do it instead?

What driving or riding!
Reply 24
The reason I'm so worried about failing is that there's a 3 month waiting list to take your driving test where I live! So if I fail I'll have to wait ANOTHER 3 months....then I'f I fail again.....
*Riz*
The reason I'm so worried about failing is that there's a 3 month waiting list to take your driving test where I live! So if I fail I'll have to wait ANOTHER 3 months....then I'f I fail again.....

Why not travel to a different test centre - there must be loads in the north-west. I had to drive half an hour to my test centre (because my instructor had had words with the local test centre so refused to send his pupils there)...it was actually a nice way to prepare.
Reply 26
i dont know what to say.

im sure you'll be fine but it would be wise to look at another centre. my instructor wants me to go to a really dodgy centre (apparently they fail lots of people) cos he says ill be ready!

just keep yer head clear, dont think about it too much and good luck!
Reply 27
sam010185
I really need some advice!!!

On thursday I have got my 7th driving test and I really need to pass this time because I have spent about £5,000 on learning to drive and it is becoming slightly ridiculous!!!

On my previous 6 tests I have failed because of stupid things that I would never ever normally do but for some reason do them. My major downfall ids nerves.

Loads of people have said to me "just treat it like a normal lesson" but that it impossible!!!!! It's completely different!

I would really appreciate any advice from anyone - on my last test he told me that everything I did was perfect apart from I did 40 in a 60 for about 10 seconds and therefore he failed me for that!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did 35 in a 60 for about 1 minute, only got a minor for that. My mate did a parallel park, hit the curb twice, and had to readjust twice, didnt even get a minor for it.
Reply 28
Pencil Queen
Why not travel to a different test centre - there must be loads in the north-west. I had to drive half an hour to my test centre (because my instructor had had words with the local test centre so refused to send his pupils there)...it was actually a nice way to prepare.

The test centre I have to go to is 20 mins drive away as it is. The next nearest one is over 45 mins away and doesn't have a much shorter waiting time anyway. :frown:
sam010185
I really need some advice!!!

On thursday I have got my 7th driving test and I really need to pass this time because I have spent about £5,000 on learning to drive and it is becoming slightly ridiculous!!!

On my previous 6 tests I have failed because of stupid things that I would never ever normally do but for some reason do them. My major downfall ids nerves.

Loads of people have said to me "just treat it like a normal lesson" but that it impossible!!!!! It's completely different!

I would really appreciate any advice from anyone - on my last test he told me that everything I did was perfect apart from I did 40 in a 60 for about 10 seconds and therefore he failed me for that!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that maybe you should stick to the bus?

I joke :wink: what i advise is chatting to your examiner, it will help to relax you and also it will give them a personal link to you :biggrin:, so may give you the benefit of the doubt :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending