The Student Room Group

Warwick Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm another one roughly on the border for UKCAT (660). I just hope my PS is good enough to gain me an interview.
Reply 41
Hmmm, don't know if any of you keep your eyes on the NMM forum, but someone posted on the 2nd Nov that they had been rejected by Warwick due to UKCAT.
Seems strange as obv the scores have only been released today, but maybe he stated them on the UCAS form.....

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/warwick-medical-school/59373-warwick-unsuccessful-out.html
Reply 42
Hmm, it's not clear why that person got unsuccessful.

Maybe they didn't forward on a signed copy of their reference? Or maybe they said they didn't want their details sharing with Barts.

I wouldn't assume it was their UKCAT straight away. If it was we would have heard of more people being rejected.
Reply 43
Original post by adsyrah
Hmm, it's not clear why that person got unsuccessful.

Maybe they didn't forward on a signed copy of their reference? Or maybe they said they didn't want their details sharing with Barts.

I wouldn't assume it was their UKCAT straight away. If it was we would have heard of more people being rejected.

Yea, that's what I figured..... Let's just hope the OP of that thread sheds some more light
Reply 44
Original post by HazzieB
Hmmm, don't know if any of you keep your eyes on the NMM forum, but someone posted on the 2nd Nov that they had been rejected by Warwick due to UKCAT.
Seems strange as obv the scores have only been released today, but maybe he stated them on the UCAS form.....

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/forum/warwick-medical-school/59373-warwick-unsuccessful-out.html

To me it sounded like they either hadn't taken the UKCAT or did badly because of their extenuating circumstances. As they informed Warwick of what happened, and Warwick doesn't take extenuating circs into account, they just rejected them straight off?
Reply 45
Original post by Cattree
To me it sounded like they either hadn't taken the UKCAT or did badly because of their extenuating circumstances. As they informed Warwick of what happened, and Warwick doesn't take extenuating circs into account, they just rejected them straight off?

Yea maybe, I just wouldnt have thought they would actually seek out his application then reject it then and there though. ie. maybe they would have simply told him they dont acknowledge extenuating circumstances, and his application would have been rejected in one of the batches along with other lower UKCAT scoring candidates....
(edited 12 years ago)
Looks like Warwick are sending out rejections today. So hopefully the interview emails will follow shortly!
Reply 47
Original post by select the right name
Looks like Warwick are sending out rejections today. So hopefully the interview emails will follow shortly!

Eeeeek!

You made my heart skip a beat! How do you know?
Original post by adsyrah
Eeeeek!

You made my heart skip a beat! How do you know?

Someone's posted today on NMM. Rejected due to a low UKCAT score, apparently.
Reply 49
Ah yeah, just had a look and it seems a couple of people have been rejected already. Just waiting for mine now - UKCAT 655!
Reply 50
Original post by feverdream
Ah yeah, just had a look and it seems a couple of people have been rejected already. Just waiting for mine now - UKCAT 655!

yeah - me too! Kings rejected based on UKCAT over a period of 2 weeks, so could be a while waiting for that rejection...
Looks like people with UKCAT scores of 667.5 are getting waiting list emails. Not heard anything yet. Damn frustrating!
Has anyone on here called the Warwick admissions office to get clarification on when interviews will be offered?

I don't know if the rumours about them being given next week are guesses or coming from people who have spoken to the admissions office :s
Reply 53
Original post by *Funny*Bunny*
Has anyone on here called the Warwick admissions office to get clarification on when interviews will be offered?

I don't know if the rumours about them being given next week are guesses or coming from people who have spoken to the admissions office :s

I don't think anyone on here has.

The fact Warwick are sending out rejection and waiting list emails point to them sending out interview offers very soon.
Original post by adsyrah
I don't think anyone on here has.

The fact Warwick are sending out rejection and waiting list emails point to them sending out interview offers very soon.

Ah ok, makes sense. I was thinking that maybe rejections and waiting list were done purely on ukcat then everyone above the cut off would be looked at in more detail to see whether they're suitable to be invited for interview? Not everyone above the cut off gets invited for interview I thought :s

If that's how they're doing it it will probably be a couple more weeks :frown: hopefully I'm wrong cause I'd rather know either way asap!
Reply 55
Just got an interview offer!

There's your answer - they're sending them out as of today :biggrin:
Interview February 13. 4 out of 4! My ancient brain cells really do work! Or maybe they just all feel sorry for me!
Original post by adsyrah
Just got an interview offer!

There's your answer - they're sending them out as of today :biggrin:

So happy to be wrong!!! I got an invitation to the selection day too!!! Yay! I'm very impressed with warwick's punctuality too :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by select the right name
Interview February 13. 4 out of 4! My ancient brain cells really do work! Or maybe they just all feel sorry for me!

Which session on the 13th? I went for the afternoon one...
Reply 59
Well done everyone!!! :smile: Ive not heard anything yet and only have a UKCAT of 663 :s does anyone know if they have rejected all who failed to make UKCAT cut off yet??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending