The Student Room Group

Warwick Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Well, that's Warwick done and dusted. I found it hard going but it was good fun and everyone was really friendly.

3 down 1 to go... just waiting for them to make their minds up now.....
Reply 101
Original post by chrisjar
I'm going to have a wander afterwards too I think, although I already know how nice the uni is! By the time you read this you'll probably be all done, so how did it go?

In all honesty I don't think it went well for me. It was enjoyable during the day, but I left feeling a bit disheartened.

How about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by adsyrah
In all honesty I don't think it went well for me. It was enjoyable during the day, but I left feeling a bit disheartened.

How about you?

I felt really good about it until I came out of my interview. It was hard. I got a proper grilling, and I definitely said some stupid answers. The format is just so odd compared to every other interview and it really knocked me off course with my answers.

Apart from that though I had a good time, didn't actually manage to do very well in the group task but I felt that I worked well in the group.

But I did leave feeling like the interview had ruined my chances too, I just hope that it was that particular interviewers style, considering others have said their interview was like a friendly chat!

Just got to wait it out now, at least it's only a couple of weeks before offers should start to feed through.
Reply 103
Original post by chrisjar
I felt really good about it until I came out of my interview. It was hard. I got a proper grilling, and I definitely said some stupid answers. The format is just so odd compared to every other interview and it really knocked me off course with my answers.

Apart from that though I had a good time, didn't actually manage to do very well in the group task but I felt that I worked well in the group.

But I did leave feeling like the interview had ruined my chances too, I just hope that it was that particular interviewers style, considering others have said their interview was like a friendly chat!

I felt exactly the same, had my interview at Barts but the questions were different from what I was expecting that it threw me a bit. Hopefully we've done better than we think, but the waiting is driving me crazy :frown:
Reply 104
Anyone got any idea when we are going to find out??
Reply 105
Within a fortnight - my guess is next week.

Pure guesswork on both counts, but they did ssay early March as the Warwick assessment centre.
Please next week!
Reply 107
Going out of my mind waiting for warwick following three rejections. Two people on the stalking page posted offers on wednesday! How did they find out so early???
There's quite a few offers been made already, have a look on NMM. Apparently they are still giving out offers so don't despair.

I'm so glad I've firmed my first choice and withdrew from the rest. Pressure is off now for a few months!
Reply 109
Anyone here applied with an engineering degree? also did anyone get asked for their degree transcripts when applying?
Reply 110
Original post by Shreyank
Anyone here applied with an engineering degree? also did anyone get asked for their degree transcripts when applying?

Maths and Computer Science here (not quite engineering, but close :smile:)

When I applied I received an email asking me to list all the modules I'd taken during my degree - the selection committee had a look at this and gave me the green light to proceed past the initial consideration phase.

I then had to show my degree certificate at the assessment centre as proof of my degree classification.
Offer & Firm woohooooooooooooooooo :dancing2::dance:
Reply 112
Original post by adsyrah
Maths and Computer Science here (not quite engineering, but close :smile:)

When I applied I received an email asking me to list all the modules I'd taken during my degree - the selection committee had a look at this and gave me the green light to proceed past the initial consideration phase.

I then had to show my degree certificate at the assessment centre as proof of my degree classification.

Thank you for your reply, Did they ask for unit grades by any chance ? I did poorly in some which is why i ask. At interview did they ask why the switch of subjects as they are very different ?
Reply 113
Thank you for your reply, Did they ask for unit grades by any chance ? I did poorly in some which is why i ask. At interview did they ask why the switch of subjects as they are very different ?

Not a full breakdown, no. I already had a 2:1, so that's all they needed in terms of degree entry requirements.
Reply 114
Original post by adsyrah
Not a full breakdown, no. I already had a 2:1, so that's all they needed in terms of degree entry requirements.

did they ask why the switch of courses as they are fairly different?

How was the selection day? i ask because I'm not good at essays and don't have a clue what kind of group tasks?

Finally, if you meet all the entry criteria, are you very likely to get interview if you get a high ukcat?
Reply 115
did they ask why the switch of courses as they are fairly different?

Not at all. I'm 29, so they were more interested in why I was packing in my career in IT!

How was the selection day? i ask because I'm not good at essays and don't have a clue what kind of group tasks?

There was no essay. I'm not sure if I'm able to give away too much, but I'm sure if you look on certain websites (*cough* New Media Medicine *cough*) then you'll see people discussing some aspects of the selection centre.

Overall the day was fine - fun but exhausting.

Finally, if you meet all the entry criteria, are you very likely to get interview if you get a high ukcat?

It's not as simple as that as there's your personal statement too. There's no formula to getting an interview offer, but obviously a high UKCAT score will open more doors for you.
Reply 116
I just wanted to ask about philosophy and ethics of mental health master program at Warwick. I am an undergraduate philosophy student at university outside UK and I am interested inf continuing my education at the above mentioned program. It is medical school progam so I just wanted to know how competitive is it... Also if anyone has any experience and is willing to share it I will appreciate it. Thnx!
I am interested in applying, but I'm not sure how exactly their selection method works. Are interviews given based on UKCAT cutoffs only? They say that they take personal statement and degree marks into account but I can't find a weighting anywhere. I'll be applying for the international student seats, I have a UKCAT of 775 and a 1st class degree from the U.K (see signature), my personal statement, while I feel it is strong I don't want to apply to a course that puts a lot of weightage on personal statements for giving interviews because of the subjectivity and randomness involved in interpreting such statements. So anyone know how important the following are for getting an interview?

a) UKCAT score
b) Personal Statement
c) The Marks you get in your degree?

For full details of my background see my thread in another part of the forums over here
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 118
Did anyone who posted in this get into warwick last year? and if so how were your A-level results because i want to apply and im predicted a 1st but my A-levels are a bit shocking.

Quick Reply

Latest