Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Theology/Religious Studies Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshuaj)
    Im firming oxford but worried about the grades, so think my insurance of Edinburgh looks likely
    OHHH congrats on oxford! i don’t have an insurance - waiting to hear from Durham and then I’ll look at edin being my insurance but i love it so much, more than Durham - so i might just sod prestige and firm Edinburgh anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManchesterRose)
    OHHH congrats on oxford! i don’t have an insurance - waiting to hear from Durham and then I’ll look at edin being my insurance but i love it so much, more than Durham - so i might just sod prestige and firm Edinburgh anyway.
    Thanks !! Sounds like a plan there! Well done
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Exeter, Nottingham & Kings College London.
    Rejection from Durham but was expecting that with Further Maths as my third A2 like they told me on the phone right back in Year 12.
    Still waiting on St. Andrews, then the visiting and praying start... happy days
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just received my 5th and final offer from Durham, and on my birthday too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringtotheology)
    I just got an e-mail asking for my written work and saying that my application is under "active consideration" .... but nothing other than that ...
    Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying to study theology (2013 entry) at Oxford. I was just wondering about the written work, what's that all about? Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineBug)
    Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying to study theology (2013 entry) at Oxford. I was just wondering about the written work, what's that all about? Thanks
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they ask for one or two marked essays from A level to be submitted to them. Might vary between the colleges though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xæthon)
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they ask for one or two marked essays from A level to be submitted to them. Might vary between the colleges though.
    Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

They normally ask for two pieces of alevel work. I don't do religion so my collage accepted my English cw. They also said that that was a hue part of my offer so it's dead important
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They normally ask for two pieces of alevel work. I don't do religion so my collage accepted my English cw. They also said that that was a hue part of my offer so it's dead important
    Thanks. If you don't mind me asking - where did you apply? And did you get any offers?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. If you don't mind me asking - where did you apply? And did you get any offers?
    Oxford (benets) but also got sent to regents they both gave me an offer but as benets was my choice I got there.

Exeter
    Nottingham
    Edinburgh (insurance)
    And Durham took to long so rejected them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oxford (benets) but also got sent to regents they both gave me an offer but as benets was my choice I got there.

Exeter
    Nottingham
    Edinburgh (insurance)
    And Durham took to long so rejected them

Thanks and Congrats on the offers. I'm thinking about applying to oxford (Christ Church or Trinity), Exeter, Cardiff, Birmingham and Nottingham.

What sort of grades do you have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    only just found this thread :L
    I received an offer to study theology at exeter I think around october last year which was BBB
    I was pretty amazed with this offer, and I've taken my theology already and got an A!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did any other Cambridge people get sent a reading list recently? What topics are you thinking of doing?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.