The Student Room Group

Theology/Religious Studies Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by seversk
Congratulations! I literally just got an offer from Glasgow :biggrin:

hey! congratulations! :h: We could be in the same classes for History & Theo & RS
Reply 141
has anyone who does not already have their A2 grades heard from Durham or Edinburgh?
Original post by Latki
has anyone who does not already have their A2 grades heard from Durham or Edinburgh?

these are the two i want as well ... my friend had his cambridge theology interview and he said there were some people there who have heard from Durham and Edinburgh :/
Reply 143
Original post by Latki

I've heard from Durham, about a month ago, which I think is quite early. Apparently most people hear in mid January.
Reply 144
Original post by Latki

I got an offer from Edinburgh in December.
Original post by TW524
Current Progress:

Offers from: Lancaster, Durham and KCL

Pending: Warwick, SOAS, Birmingham and Cambridge

Reject: Glasgow, Edinburgh

how did you apply to so many unis?
Who else has a Cambridge offer?!! :biggrin:
Reply 147
Original post by ViennaWaits

Me :smile: Congratulations which college did you get in to?
Original post by fun_size
Me :smile: Congratulations which college did you get in to?

Hey :smile: Congratulations :biggrin: Peterhouse, what about you?
You excited? :biggrin:
Reply 150
Hey :smile: Congratulations :biggrin: Peterhouse, what about you?
You excited? :biggrin:

Emmanuel :biggrin: so excited, but a little nervous about getting that A*AA :tongue: how about you?
Original post by fun_size
Emmanuel :biggrin: so excited, but a little nervous about getting that A*AA :tongue: how about you?

It's only just starting to sink in :P But getting really excited!! I already have A*A*A, as I'm on a gap year. But I was ill in the summer, and left two subjects undone, and they want me to get A*A in them :O Even though I already surpass the entry requirements!

But I suppose I'll just have to jump through their hoops :P

What language do you think you'll do? Which parts of the course do you like the most? Argh, I'm getting really excited! :biggrin:
Reply 152
It's only just starting to sink in :P But getting really excited!! I already have A*A*A, as I'm on a gap year. But I was ill in the summer, and left two subjects undone, and they want me to get A*A in them :O Even though I already surpass the entry requirements!

But I suppose I'll just have to jump through their hoops :P

What language do you think you'll do? Which parts of the course do you like the most? Argh, I'm getting really excited! :biggrin:

Same here! So excited.

Well I think that's a bit mean of them for making you complete more as you have the grades but you'll cope just fine seeing from your other results :smile:

I haven't thought about the language, I love the philosophy and ethics side to the course, how about you?

Which uni will be your second choice?

I got a Theology from Gonville and Caius on Thursday. Well done on your offer.
Got an offer from Robinson! Well done you guys! Hopefully see you all in approximately 9 months (grades permitted!)
Got my KCL offer friday :smile: AAB for Philosophy, Religion & Ethics.

So torn between that and Leeds: ABB - Theological Studies in Philosophy & Ethics.
Got my fifth and final offer (at last!) yesterday - Durham, AAB condition. So happy! :biggrin: Will be firming there and probably insuring Birmingham. Anyone else doing the same?
Reply 157
Original post by galiaannabelle
Got my fifth and final offer (at last!) yesterday - Durham, AAB condition. So happy! :biggrin: Will be firming there and probably insuring Birmingham. Anyone else doing the same?

Nope, but I got offers from both those places. Decided to have Manchester as my firm, and Manchester as my Insurance. (Applied for two separate courses)

In a way I wish I did accept Durham as my firm, applied to University College where I got an offer for Theology. My great grandfather did a BA and MA in Theology at Durham, same college. Same name as mine too, would've been funny if I ended up going there xD Sadly it's better if I go to Manchester, close, easier to get to and means more to my family. Looking forward to hopefully getting in contact with local churches about burials and where my relatives were vicars at. Yeah, I'll shut up now.
Original post by galiaannabelle

I'm still waiting on Durham, and they'll be the last I hear from too! Why do they take so long?!!

Don't think I'll use them though, think I'm going to firm Cambridge, and use Bristol as my insurance. Seeing as they can actually be bothered to give me an offer! :P
Original post by Xæthon
Nope, but I got offers from both those places. Decided to have Manchester as my firm, and Manchester as my Insurance. (Applied for two separate courses)

In a way I wish I did accept Durham as my firm, applied to University College where I got an offer for Theology. My great grandfather did a BA and MA in Theology at Durham, same college. Same name as mine too, would've been funny if I ended up going there xD Sadly it's better if I go to Manchester, close, easier to get to and means more to my family. Looking forward to hopefully getting in contact with local churches about burials and where my relatives were vicars at. Yeah, I'll shut up now.

Wow, nice bit of family heritage there but I guess if Manchester is better for you then that's what's best. Sounds good! Hope your search is successful :smile:

Quick Reply