The Student Room Group

What unis should I apply to? :)

Hey, wondering if some people would be able to help / offer advice.

GCSE - a*aaaaaabbcc

AS

geography - 93% overall

pschyology - 80% overall

religious studies and philosophy - 84 UMS, and 74 UMS

biology - b

so aabb. :smile:

Im predicted a*aa for a2

Someone help please?! :biggrin:
Reply 1
You haven't put what you want to study
Reply 2
Who cares what university I think you should apply to, choose ones that you'll think you'll like/will give you good prospects etc. I know that sounds harsh, and I'm all up for giving helpful advice, but by the looks of things you've done literally zero research which is just laaayzaaaay!
Reply 3
Original post by abbie4884
You haven't put what you want to study

well geography obviously which is why I am posting in the geography forum

Original post by Wookie42
Who cares what university I think you should apply to, choose ones that you'll think you'll like/will give you good prospects etc. I know that sounds harsh, and I'm all up for giving helpful advice, but by the looks of things you've done literally zero research which is just laaayzaaaay!

I wanted people to advise realistic unis based on my grades. Obviously I have done research! but lse telling me that the offer is AAB, but REALLY? It's lse - they also don't mention anything about GCSE's, I was hoping someone from a good uni doing geography would be able to help me based on what their grades were etc, its okay you didnt have to post
Which subject are you dropping?

Generally, geography isn't the most oversubscribed course, and everywhere cares more about A-Levels than GCSEs. Providing you meet their minimum requirements, they shouldn't be an issue.

University choices depend upon so much. Do you want to move away/ be close to home. Do you like the university, is it expensive to live there, what's the course like etc
Do you have a shortlist at present?
Reply 5
Original post by Sadsnail

Geography and geology* They're very different courses.

And I wouldn't advise applying to LSE with your GCSE grades, it would be a waste of a ucas choice
Reply 6
I am not your dad, nor is anyone else on here.

Anyway, you should be researching and making you own informed decision rather than seeking some random anonymous person out online telling you where to apply.
Reply 7
Original post by Going_To_California
Which subject are you dropping?

Generally, geography isn't the most oversubscribed course, and everywhere cares more about A-Levels than GCSEs. Providing you meet their minimum requirements, they shouldn't be an issue.

University choices depend upon so much. Do you want to move away/ be close to home. Do you like the university, is it expensive to live there, what's the course like etc
Do you have a shortlist at present?

Thank you. Yeah I do have a shortlist, I am thinking of royal holloway, nottingham, sussex, exeter maybe ucl

[QUOTE="abbie4884;33836784"]

Geography and geology* They're very different courses.

And I wouldn't advise applying to LSE with your GCSE grades, it would be a waste of a ucas choice

That is exactly what I mean and why I posted in here, nowhere on lse website does it state about GCSE grades in relation to geography...

Original post by Pn94
I am not your dad, nor is anyone else on here.

Anyway, you should be researching and making you own informed decision rather than seeking some random anonymous person out online telling you where to apply.

I know that! I was hoping people who are at uni would be able to help, I have been researching fyi!
make your own choice. don't go for LSE though, my fella who went there hated it there.

They shouldn't care bout your GCSEs.

Are those predicted grades from your teachers, as tbh if I was looking at those compared to ASs I wouldn't of said those predicted grades and think uni's will take the same line, as they seem optimistic predicted grades. I would of said realisted predicted grades would be AAB and would look at uni's that are BBB and above as it gives you a chance if you really cock up. Also look at unis that have lower entry requirements as actually they can be better courses than unis that have higher entry requirements.
Reply 9
Original post by clareramos
make your own choice. don't go for LSE though, my fella who went there hated it there.

They shouldn't care bout your GCSEs.

Are those predicted grades from your teachers, as tbh if I was looking at those compared to ASs I wouldn't of said those predicted grades and think uni's will take the same line, as they seem optimistic predicted grades. I would of said realisted predicted grades would be AAB and would look at uni's that are BBB and above as it gives you a chance if you really cock up. Also look at unis that have lower entry requirements as actually they can be better courses than unis that have higher entry requirements.

I think they are realistic predicted grades as I did get 94% overall in geography and with religious studies I was three marks from an A as I didnt do as well as I had hoped in unit 2, but I am retaking so I should get that up
Geography I would still predict an A as it said by exam boards and most unis that you shouldn't be predicting higher than their AS grade or A* unless they is good reason to. Geography A2 is harder and you could drop the 4% that means you get an A.

Are those predicted grades from your teacher or what you think you'll get?
Hey, wondering if some people would be able to help / offer advice.

GCSE - a*aaaaaabbcc

AS

geography - 93% overall

pschyology - 80% overall

religious studies and philosophy - 84 UMS, and 74 UMS

biology - b

so aabb. :smile:

Im predicted a*aa for a2

Someone help please?! :biggrin:

Have you thought of Southampton? I may be slightly biased but it would be in line with your predicted grades.

Have you thought about whether you want to do more physical or human geography? I would of thought from your a level choice it would be more human but i could be wrong
Yeah I do have a shortlist, I am thinking of royal holloway,
!

I got A*AA alevels and I go to Royal Holloway doing BSc Geography. Love it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending