Scroll to see replies

yea uni halls are miles away
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
PQ
That's right - the halls in the city centre are for Solent or are private halls run by a company called Unite.

The uni halls are all based within 30 minutes walk of the main Highfield campus.

There are a couple of small uni halls down by new college (avenue area nr the top of london rd) - but there would be no guarantee that you would be allocated to them.

http://www.accommodation.soton.ac.uk/version1/map.html

Gately and Romero are quite big aren't they? I actually have no idea but presumed a lot of people were there :d Basically all Halls are about 20min bus ride to town, it's not very far.
If I get the grades to go to Southampton then.. I'll prob be in halls 20mins bus from town centre and 30min walk from where Id have lessons?
Reply 4
burningwings
If I get the grades to go to Southampton then.. I'll prob be in halls 20mins bus from town centre and 30min walk from where Id have lessons?

No you'd either be 10/15 mins from lectures and 30 mins from town or the other way round.
Sarky

No you'd either be 10/15 mins from lectures and 30 mins from town or the other way round.

walking?
if so, are there buses?
Im in romero (small halls, archers road) and its the best! 15-20 mins walk from avenue campus where im based and only 10-15 minutes walk from town, its brilliant, i love it!
Reply 7
romero and gateley are small halls, as is st margarets. why ud want to be in them location-wise, rather than chamberlain, glen eyre or wessex im not sure. well, maybe wessex, thats a bit out of the way of things.

most are in basset. they are good. the ones that arent are mainly good.

u are not guaranteed ur first choice accommodation.

The End.
mmmmmm free buses!!! :biggrin: Awesome, cheers
Reply 9
are you allowed to take your car with you? coz i spose i dont mind being far away from southampton centre, i just want to be able to drive and see my boyfriend
Reply 10
Wessex is that far out of things.. Gah. Were only about 5 more minutes furthur than glen eyre, In the oppsote direction. We also have alot more buses passing through to city, hospital, portswood and uni campuses. There are many different accomdation ocations the biggest being glen eyre/chamberlain and the wessex lane complex.

The buses are pretty good www.uni-link.info is all the timetables, and if you look at the map you can see where the diff. accomdation sites are along the route :smile:
Is there a diverse group of people in each block, or do different halls have different reputations/characters/whatever?
Reply 12
Hmm, I would say all the halls are very diverse and mixed up.. Obviously some places have different reputations to others but that may be ust done to perception.. I would say Monte is the best But then Im bias :biggrin:
Reply 13
yey Monte!
i don't think its a problem being at wessex lane. Sure it isnt quite as near to uni as glen eyre but we do have 4 buses into town or highfield campus each hour. Also, its really not that far to walk into portwood (about 20 minutes but i'm a slow walker) and if u are lazy there is always the bus.

i like it so much in this bit of southampton that i'v got a house for next year just down the road from wessex lane.
Reply 14
emy_ru3
yey Monte!
i don't think its a problem being at wessex lane. Sure it isnt quite as near to uni as glen eyre but we do have 4 buses into town or highfield campus each hour. Also, its really not that far to walk into portwood (about 20 minutes but i'm a slow walker) and if u are lazy there is always the bus.

i like it so much in this bit of southampton that i'v got a house for next year just down the road from wessex lane.

where abouts? I live on Kitchener Road, about 10mins from wessex.
Reply 15
O.o, I looked at some houses on Kitchener road, Nice road :biggrin:
Reply 16
Yeh it's not bad, further up is better and its deff better than some bits of Portswood :biggrin:
Reply 17
I'm on High Road, its kind of the main road through swaythling but hopefully i'l get a room at the back of the house so it wont be too noisy
Reply 18
I know where that is, it's only really busy during the day at least so you won't get all that much noise at night.
Reply 19
harry_potter
whereabouts in southampton are the halls for the uni? someone said they were over near basset? i only really wanna stay in them if they are in the city centre but my boyfriend said all of those are for people who go to solent

You dont wanna stay in the city centre i.e. UNITE halls of residence. I live in mercury point, which is owned by unite. although the flats here are awesome (they seem to be much nicer than some of the uni accomodation ive seen) they are located waaaay to far away...like at the other end of southampton. basically we have to get off at the last stop on the unilink bus. it takes about 30mins to get to uni...and if u have a 9.00 lecture, it means waking up a lot earlier than every1 living elsewhere. + the internet connection here is slow...its supposed to be 512kbs, but that connection is shared by a number of people to make it cheaper...the internet in the uni halls is a high speed T3 connection. So basically, what im trying to say is u dont wanna live in UNITE halls...although there is nothing u can do to prevent it as far as i know cos i know come people who applyed for accomodation before the deadline and still ended up here

Latest

Trending

Trending