The Student Room Group

Correlation between UKCAT result and BMAT result.

Just wondered if anyone knows if there's any patterns between people who take both tests?

Are people generally good at both or better at one than the other?

I did poorly in the UKCAT and I am considering apply to UCL but wary of whether I will be able to do well in the BMAT.
Original post by ChemistryProNOT
Just wondered if anyone knows if there's any patterns between people who take both tests?

Are people generally good at both or better at one than the other?

I did poorly in the UKCAT and I am considering apply to UCL but wary of whether I will be able to do well in the BMAT.

I did some mental research a while back by looking at applicant profiles on TSR and posted it on another thread.

This isn't accurate, just a rough estimation from what I saw....

The majority of candidates who got around 640 UKCAT average or below did not do as well on the BMAT, that is to say score of around 3.5-4.5 on average maybe.

Many Candidates with a UKCAT average of around 641-690 did average on the BMAT acording to TSR, that is to say scores of around 4.8-5.9 on average maybe. However there were also quite a few candidates that had some of the highest BMAT scores that got a UKCAT score in this range. There were also a few candidates that had scores of 6+ with a UKCAT score in this range.

Most candidates with a UKCAT of 691-720 on average performed in the same way as the ones in the 641-690 category.

A majority of candidates with UKCAT average of 735ish+ did well on the BMAT, typically scores of at least 6.7+ in one section with the other section being at least 5.8+ on average. All of the very high UKCAT scorers 750ish + got very good BMAT results, typically 6.7 in both sections maybe.

Interestingly most of the high scorers did seem to have a good/best UKCAT section in QR (maths).

(Two of the best BMAT scorers had 900 QR)

Also high BMAT scorers did generally have more A*'s at GCSE I noticed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending