The Student Room Group

Cool things you have in your room...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
A rug - covers disgusting floors & abit more comfy if you pass out after a night out...
An electric plasma globe thing. The whole watching the lines move about thing gets old, but working out how to give your friends electric shocks never does:biggrin:
Some books (which means I have to go through my huge collection and decide which ones I love most :cry:)
Some stuffed animals
Several black cushions and a black fluffy blanket (to match my black bedsheets, hahahaa)
Some of the postcards and pictures from the wall by my bed.
I miiiiight take my plasma ball.
And to finish it off nicely, my framed poster of Tanya Chalkin's 'Kiss'.
A poster of the Stig, a poster with loads of different "Keep Calm and Carry On" variations, a couple of patchwork wall hangings, couple of patchwork cushions, old pictures I've cut off from calendars from years gone by and my personal favourite is my mirror which is surrounded my multi-coloured mosaic pieces. Another wall thing with a picture of loads of llamas being herded up a mountain. Oh, and half a mug my friend brought me back from holiday. Most of them are from my hippy phase when I was 12, but they're so pretty I kept them. Most halls don't let you hang up stuff though, do they? Stuff it. I'll get extra strength blue tac or something. I will find a way to stop my walls being naked.

EDIT: :rolleyes: To whoever negged me, you jelly? I love my room.
(edited 12 years ago)
Cannabis
Reply 45
Mood lamp - so cool and fun. Also good for setting a romantic mood on special nights.

A decent speaker/amp package. Seriously, once you have heard "proper sound" then the likes of laptop speakers and Logitec computer speakers really dont cut it any more.

Oh and a good office chair. Bought a big leather chair for £25 off ebay and its awesome. Million times better and more comfortable than the crappy chairs you get in halls. One of my best buys ever.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Astonix
They're expensive, but a feature wall with these stickers: http://www.bytelove.com/stuff/lifestyle/new-super-mario-wall-stickers/prod_114.html

That is actually SO cool!
Reply 47

:^_^:
Reply 48
Original post by LemonPi

Giant magnetic mustache.

I want this :loony:
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
Cannabis

pretty much this.

and a good set of speakers.

oh and comfy chairs. like, those beany bag ones.

and the number to the nearest pizza place, kfc is also ok.

a ps3 doesn't go amiss either but that's pushing it a bit.
I have an R2-D2 phone :colone:
oh. oh. and get lamps. large lamps. lamps are so much more wonderful than main lights. they make the whole room mystical and everyone looks a bit more pretty and everyone feels a bit more comfortable. yum yum yum
A shoe closet :love:
Reply 53

A Ball scratcher. Extremely handy at times :colone:
lava lamp. and a cactus :smile:
Lol when I first moved into halls I had allsorts of stuff stuck up everywhere! This included a pair of scrubs, a broken stethoscope (i'm not a medic btw), the thousands of takeaway leaflets I got shoved under my door and various other pieces of junk. Last year I had a large decorative umbrella hanging off my wardrobe, and those cool Chinese fan things.

This year I think my Thai rice farmer hat will be the main attraction.

Although I suppose as you're a guy this may not be entirely relevant to you lol...
Generally lots of posters, my walls have got band posters, cards, posters I made for the wind orchestra at uni and also I've got a giant (bigger than A1) picture collage that I made before I came to uni. It falls down a lot which is a bit annoying but otherwise it's awesome! :smile: Otherwise, in my room is just a lot of musical instruments, books and too many piles of paperwork! Oh, also the compulsory sombrero.

My housemate had a cider bottle collection last year, all different cider bottles from all over the world and everything. He had about 150 at the end of the year!
Reply 57
A massive Ice Age 2 poster you know the ones they have next to bus stops and stuff like that

Its HUGE!
I'm taking my "pet" Perry the cactus with me.
Reply 59
Should i take my G27 and ps3?

For those who don't know what it is...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending