The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reedsangel
Hi, how quick did you get your geology offer after you sent your application?

Ive already heard from my other choices but if i get an offer from Leicester that going to be my firm.

I applied on the 21st of October, for Geology with Paleobiology MSci. I received an acknowledgement on the 9th of November, and an offer the following day of AAB.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 161
Got offer today for computer science with industrial placement (G402)
Reply 162
Can someone give me a better idea about DMUL? Today I got a letter from them inviting me to an Open Day (not mentioning either interview, or place) Is it still worth going to their Open Day next Saturday...Personally, I just one a place I don't care about their Open Day. Did someone else get something similar? Shall I assume it is going to be an interview on the day? Is this letter an offer from DMUL? Is it going to be of any help? I forgot to say I am a mature student.
I will appreciate any answers, especially from students who experienced the same this year or in the past. Good luck to you all!!!
Reply 163
correcting; I just want a place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 164
Got an offer for American studies BBB :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by TonyH663
Sent my app yesterday and received a consideration email today :smile: Has anybody else had a consideration and then an offer? If so, how long did it take?

for me it took 10 days after i got my consideration email :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by eve484
Got an offer for American studies BBB :smile:

for the 3 or 4 year course?

i got an offer for the 4 year course ABB :smile: going to be my firm choice :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by Larsson
for the 3 or 4 year course?

i got an offer for the 4 year course ABB :smile: going to be my firm choice :smile:

3 year course :smile: same here, Leicester's definitely my favourite :smile:
Original post by eve484
for me it took 10 days after i got my consideration email :smile:

Reply 169

No problem :smile: I applied for American studies, what about you?
Reply 170
Original post by eve484
3 year course :smile: same here, Leicester's definitely my favourite :smile:

where else have you applied/have offers from?
Original post by eve484
No problem :smile: I applied for American studies, what about you?

I applied for History :smile: Where else are you applying?
Reply 172
Original post by Larsson
where else have you applied/have offers from?

I've applied to Birmingham (got an offer of ABB), Warwick, Nottingham and Essex? How about you?
Reply 173
I applied for History :smile: Where else are you applying?

I nearly chose to do History :smile: Birmingham, Warwick, Essex and Nottingham, what about you? Any offers yet? :smile:
Original post by eve484
I nearly chose to do History :smile: Birmingham, Warwick, Essex and Nottingham, what about you? Any offers yet? :smile:

Nice choices! Should have chosen to do History :wink:

I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Southampton, Leicester and Reading :smile: How comes you didn't apply for History?

Nooooo :frown: I badly want one though! Only sent my application off 3 days ago, though :rolleyes:
Reply 175
Nice choices! Should have chosen to do History :wink:

I applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Southampton, Leicester and Reading :smile: How comes you didn't apply for History?

Nooooo :frown: I badly want one though! Only sent my application off 3 days ago, though :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm really happy with them :smile:
Those are great Unis, loved Nottingham's campus!

I know what you mean, after 1 week of no offers i was already panicking :smile: don't worry, they'll come soon :smile:

I really love history but I prefer modern history, I'm doing the Tudors for my A2 and I can't stand them! so i don't think i could bare anything before 1800! :smile:
Reply 176
Original post by eve484

cool! i applied to Essex BBB, Sussex AAB, Swansea BBB and Kent ABB as well... got offers from all of them :smile: proably should have put down warwick instead of swansea but not really bothered...

i got BBB offer at Essex so i will put that as my insurance, it was between AMS and history for me too!

what are your predicted grades? if you dont mind saying...
Original post by eve484
Yeah, I'm really happy with them :smile:
Those are great Unis, loved Nottingham's campus!

I know what you mean, after 1 week of no offers i was already panicking :smile: don't worry, they'll come soon :smile:

I really love history but I prefer modern history, I'm doing the Tudors for my A2 and I can't stand them! so i don't think i could bare anything before 1800! :smile:

Yeah I went to the open day and I really liked it. Ahh is that when you got your first offer, after one week?

I see what you mean, I'm doing the French Revolution at A2 and I think its really good:rolleyes:

What would be your top choice if you were to get offers from all of your unis?
Reply 178
Original post by Larsson
cool! i applied to Essex BBB, Sussex AAB, Swansea BBB and Kent ABB as well... got offers from all of them :smile: proably should have put down warwick instead of swansea but not really bothered...

i got BBB offer at Essex so i will put that as my insurance, it was between AMS and history for me too!

what are your predicted grades? if you dont mind saying...

Well done! :smile: Great uni choices, yeah none of my Uni's entry requirements are below BBB so i'll have to see about insurance, I might not bother with it. I'm predicted A in Art, A in History and B in English, hows about you? what A levels are you taking?
Reply 179
Yeah I went to the open day and I really liked it. Ahh is that when you got your first offer, after one week?

I see what you mean, I'm doing the French Revolution at A2 and I think its really good:rolleyes:

What would be your top choice if you were to get offers from all of your unis?

I applied on 8th Nov, and got an offer from B'ham last Wednesday and Leicester yesterday, which was really weird cause i'd just got back from visiting Leicester Uni when i found out :smile:

hmm i did French history for AS, Louis 14th...was't impressed ahaa

99% sure that i'll firm leicester, how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending