The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Hi,

just thought i would start a thread for those looking to apply to the University of Leicester for 2012.

I have applied for the 4 year American Studies course, what about you guys?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Visited the city and campus this summer and loved it, applying for medicine :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Applying for medicine! :smile:
Reply 3
haha, i cant wait to get my application in... hopefully end of this month :smile:
Reply 4
anyone else looking to go to Leicester?
Reply 5
I might apply to read law, but i'm unsure whether there law faculty is first-rate.
Reply 6
I'm applying to medical biochemistry. I love the course and I really enjoyed the open day!
Reply 7
Went to an open day there today, was probably going to apply anyway. Gotta say it looked fantastic, especially the new Library, that was quite something! Applying for Biochemistry btw :smile:
I visited the open day yesterday and loved it! It really exceeded my expectations what I had of it, as originally I wasn't too sure about applying...:colondollar:

I'm applying for joint honours in Sociology and Politics :biggrin:
Reply 9
I've applied for History and American studies :smile:
Reply 10
putting leicester as my back up but would love to study there, i loved it. mechanical engineering btw
Reply 11
Mechanical Engineering. (Not too sure if its good for that though). Only my backup.
Reply 12
Chemistry :smile: I live in Leicester so if anyone has any questions, don't be scared to ask :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Tasneemo
Chemistry :smile: I live in Leicester so if anyone has any questions, don't be scared to ask :smile:

On a scale of 1 to awesome, how awesome is awesome Leicester? :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by xChrista
On a scale of 1 to awesome, how awesome is awesome Leicester? :tongue:

.........Depends.

The nightlife is good [I think, I'll ask my friends. I dunno all I see are Mosh pictures all over my damn fb wall]
If you're a shopper, theres a tonne of shops in Highcross which is great :smile: Closes around 8 on weekdays and 7 on saturday, and this thursday is the Student Lock In (H&M actually have 20% off! Shocker!)
The parks are nice, the park attached to the uni (Victoria Park) is one of the big ones that gets all the circuses/ fun fairs, and it's awesome when it snows and the whole park looks like a blanket with park-wide snowball fights and half-made snowmen everywhere :rolleyes:
The other big park is Abbey Park which have their bonfire night displays and fun fairs all the time too :smile:
Laserquest is amazing, has a weirdly distinct smell that lingers on you no matter how many times you try to wash it out, if you play the full 2 hours :smile:

The outskirts of city centre are not that great, but then you go beyond that and things look greener and lovelier :smile: They spent a lot of money rebuilding the bit around the train station (I practically saw them build it day by day), so that bit looks pretty new and fancy!

They also only built the student union like a year ago, so thats all new and fancy too :wink: The area around the uni is great, it's just the little sh*tholes beyond that :P

This is hard question :frown:

I'd say around a.... 7? 7 1/2? I think I might be a harsh judge though. It's cosy and explorable (is that a word?) I mean, theres a lot to see and do, you won't get bored finding new things! I live here and I haven't discovered everything yet :smile:
I'm applying for American Studies :smile:
Reply 16

Anything's better than my city! But i love the place so i bet i'll just ignore the bad bits anyway xD
Reply 17
i sent my application in on the 28th (American Studies) and have got an email from them saying they are considering it now... hopefully it will not be too long before i get an actual reply :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by xChrista
Anything's better than my city! But i love the place so i bet i'll just ignore the bad bits anyway xD

Aha you will :smile: It's the people that make it anyway! People like meeeeeeee :cool:
Reply 19

Aha you will :smile: It's the people that make it anyway! People like meeeeeeee :cool:

Fingers crossed we get in :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending