The Student Room Group

KCL or QMUL?

Hi! I got 2 unconditional offers.

QMUL: MSc Finance and Investment
KCL: MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management

Which one do you recommend and why? I know that KCL is the better university, but the course is quite new and is in the management department. So, I think it is not one of those high-flyer departments.
Reply 1
The two courses look very different. Are you more interested in doing finance/investment or accounting/financial management? That seems to me a more important question?
Reply 2
Original post by sj27
The two courses look very different. Are you more interested in doing finance/investment or accounting/financial management? That seems to me a more important question?

I'd like to work in finance/investment rather than accounting/financial management. I think that a degree from KCL in accounting would open more doors to finance and investment jobs than a degree in fin/invest from QMUL. Or am I wrong?? :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by sterri
I'd like to work in finance/investment rather than accounting/financial management. I think that a degree from KCL in accounting would open more doors to finance and investment jobs than a degree in fin/invest from QMUL. Or am I wrong?? :confused:

I can't comment on the universities, but to be honest I can't see that a degree in accounting improves your chances much in finance and investment (I work in the latter industry by the way). Did you apply to any other programs? Do KCL not have something in the program materials saying what kind of job the degree is suitable for? It might be a foot in the door through something like credit research but on the face of it it sounds more aimed at financial managers etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending