Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Mo(hammed) Farah Muslim?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mo Farah just won Gold in the 5000m and straight after he looked to me like he was prostrating on the ground (not kissing the ground like the commentator said he was).

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/at...-championships

(Not that it really matters he's still totally awesome, I'm just curious!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amiro123)
    Mo Farah just won Gold in the 5000m and straight after he looked to me like he was prostrating on the ground (not kissing the ground like the commentator said he was).

(Not that it really matters he's still totally awesome!)
    Proud to say that his coach used to be my coach and that we went same school!.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Come on man, of course he is. He's of Somali origin, by default you've got to assume he's Muslim unless otherwise Same with a Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Saudi, Turkish etc.

Anyway, yes he is a Muslim. Pretty devout actually. He does that after every race. He said in an interview last month that he was going to do his fast after the World Championships.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if he's muslim ffs

Whats that got to do with winning a medal.

Grow up.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_leeds)
    Who cares if he's muslim ffs

Whats that got to do with winning a medal.

Grow up.
    Scroll up to post number 1 bro. Now read the last sentence. Now read it again. And again until you feel very stupid for writing your post.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, his parents just had a wicked sense of humour.. :holmes:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because God in all his infinite power would really care about some race. :rolleyes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    why would you write mo(hammed) ?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrehman187)
    I was rather confused at that too. I think OP may have been trying to increase his Muslimness.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrehman187)
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    I was rather confused at that too. I think OP may have been trying to increase his Muslimness.
    Think it's because the runner is usually called mo so the (hammed) was just to use his full name although most fans will only know him as mo
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:

(Not that it really matters he's still totally awesome, I'm just curious!)
    Yeah........................
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Seriously.

Good runner though.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...and Somali :smug:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    Think it's because the runner is usually called mo so the (hammed) was just to use his full name although most fans will only know him as mo
    Ahh, fair enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All these people saying they don't care if he's muslim or not; if he hadn't won a medal I'm sure they'd think otherwise...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Because God in all his infinite power would really care about some race. :rolleyes:
    Actually the fact that one of his servants fell down in prostration to him, thanking him first for winning the race (rather than his personal trainer or whatever), realising that it was God that gave him the strength to win the Gold Medal.
    So actually I would say yes, I think God would be pleased with his servant.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually the fact that one of his servants fell down in prostration to him, thanking him first for winning the race (rather than his personal trainer or whatever), realising that it was God that gave him the strength to win the Gold Medal.
    So actually I would say yes, I think God would be pleased with his servant.
    Well I think God is a pathetic little guy on an ego trip then. I wouldn;t expect my child to do that for me, and arguabley everything you attribute to God there is attributable to genetics, so really he should be thanking his mother and father, not his imaginary friend.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, an Ethiopian who beat him on first race before Mohammed won was also a Muslim, he kept saying "Allahu Akbar" which translates as "Allah is greatest". He was also found to be prostrating on the ground too. People from Horn of Africa are well known to be very good at long distance running.
    • 10 followers

(Original post by Steevee)
    I dont think your comment belongs in this thread. Now jog on.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    I dont think your comment belongs in this thread. Now jog on.
    Hold on, lemme praise Allah first. :mmm:
Updated: September 9, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.