Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by brighteyes1994
Applied here yesterday :smile:!

Applying first time ? :smile:

Also, what was your UKCAT score and grades for GCSE and A Levels ? :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by MedicineBug
I'm also applying independently, hoping to send my application by next Friday.
There has been a lot of discussion on here as to which offer/applicants ratio is correct. Some are saying 1:8, others 1:10 or even 1:17.
Here's the thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1387408

Good luck!

According to ISC Medical website, the info is correct as of Aug 2010, the offer/applicants ration is 1:17. I went to the open day couple of weeks ago, they received last year over 4,300 applications for 235 places. Hope that helps.
Reply 62
Original post by MedicineBug
I'm also applying independently, hoping to send my application by next Friday.
There has been a lot of discussion on here as to which offer/applicants ratio is correct. Some are saying 1:8, others 1:10 or even 1:17.
Here's the thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1387408

Good luck!

I'll have a look at the thread but even if it is 1:8, it's still a lot... :s-smilie:
Original post by arsi123
Applying first time ? :smile:

Also, what was your UKCAT score and grades for GCSE and A Levels ? :biggrin:

Yup, first time :smile:

My UKCAT average was 630, so nothing amazing, but OK :smile: my gcses were A*AAAAABCD so also alright but nothing incredible haha.

Predicted AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies :smile:
Reply 64
Yup, first time :smile:

My UKCAT average was 630, so nothing amazing, but OK :smile: my gcses were A*AAAAABCD so also alright but nothing incredible haha.

Predicted AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies :smile:

Oo, not bad ! Your GCSE's are good, and your predicted grades are great too. :biggrin:

And don't worry about the UKCAT for Bristol, since they don't use it. :wink:

Good luck on your application ! :tee:

P.S - I'm applying here second time round. Didn't manage to get a place last year. :cry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
sent my application off yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 66
I always thought GCSE were big for Bristol, but is the true or not? Is 6A*'s enough or not?
Original post by arsi123
Oo, not bad ! Your GCSE's are good, and your predicted grades are great too. :biggrin:

And don't worry about the UKCAT for Bristol, since they don't use it. :wink:

Good luck on your application ! :tee:

P.S - I'm applying here second time round. Didn't manage to get a place last year. :cry:

Yup, one of the deciding factors for Bristol for me, plus the fact that Bristol is really nice and the university seems amazing :smile: thanks! Good luck with your application too! :smile:

Where else are you applying :smile:?

I've applied to Bristol, Imperial, Southampton and Brighton & Sussex :smile:
Reply 68
Yup, one of the deciding factors for Bristol for me, plus the fact that Bristol is really nice and the university seems amazing :smile: thanks! Good luck with your application too! :smile:

Where else are you applying :smile:?

I've applied to Bristol, Imperial, Southampton and Brighton & Sussex :smile:

Good luck with your Universities, hope you get offers from all. :biggrin:

Hmmm, i'm applying: Bristol, Southampton, Keele and Kings or UEA. :smile:

Also, have you been to Bristol ? Have you been to the University ? If so, how was it ? I haven't been there and really wanna know. :colondollar:
Reply 69
ahhh made such a mistake with bristol as i had a pleasant surprise with my ukcat, hope i fit the rest of their requirements :s-smilie:
Reply 70
Original post by Immi :)
ahhh made such a mistake with bristol as i had a pleasant surprise with my ukcat, hope i fit the rest of their requirements :s-smilie:

What was your UKCAT score ? :smile:
Original post by arsi123
Good luck with your Universities, hope you get offers from all. :biggrin:

Hmmm, i'm applying: Bristol, Southampton, Keele and Kings or UEA. :smile:

Also, have you been to Bristol ? Have you been to the University ? If so, how was it ? I haven't been there and really wanna know. :colondollar:

I've been to a few concerts in Bristol - I love the place, it's got a nice atmosphere and a really good music scene if you're into that :smile: as far as the uni, I've read up on it a lot but I've not actually looked around, but a few of my friends have and they said it was brilliant! I've been to a couple of the hospitals too, where I think some students will spend some time :smile:

All of your unis sound good - I hope you get a load of offers too!! :smile:
Reply 72
I've been to a few concerts in Bristol - I love the place, it's got a nice atmosphere and a really good music scene if you're into that :smile: as far as the uni, I've read up on it a lot but I've not actually looked around, but a few of my friends have and they said it was brilliant! I've been to a couple of the hospitals too, where I think some students will spend some time :smile:

All of your unis sound good - I hope you get a load of offers too!! :smile:

Well, I hope I get into Bristol, and you too. :smile:

We might just get into the same Uni, you know. :biggrin:
Original post by arsi123
Well, I hope I get into Bristol, and you too. :smile:

We might just get into the same Uni, you know. :biggrin:

That'd be cool xD someone I know before I get there would be great! What a levels are you taking, by the way? Loads of people on here are taking four or even more, and I'm only taking 3 A2s!
Reply 74
That'd be cool xD someone I know before I get there would be great! What a levels are you taking, by the way? Loads of people on here are taking four or even more, and I'm only taking 3 A2s!

Four or more A-Levels ? :eek:

To be honest, it doesn't really matter how many A-Levels you're taking. Because the admissions process with the majority of the Uni's is that, the first step is to check whether you meet the entry requirements, academics-wise. So if you have the grades, then brilliant. That stage is complete. Then they move onto the PS and references. So you need just a minimum of three A-Levels, and anymore that you do, there's no advantage, since it won't be taken into account, unless when the admissions tutor are deciding between borderline candidates who competing for limited spaces at the end.

Anywayssss ... I've taken three A-Levels and two AS-Levels.

A-Levels in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.

AS-Levels in Further Mathematics and Geography. :biggrin:
Reply 75
What are Bristol looking for in a personal statement? Like what makes a really good one? This will be the second time im applying here and i would really really love to go there :frown:

Also, hopefully the requirements of AAA should cut down the competition a little bit this year!
Reply 76
Original post by rozca
What are Bristol looking for in a personal statement? Like what makes a really good one? This will be the second time im applying here and i would really really love to go there :frown:

Also, hopefully the requirements of AAA should cut down the competition a little bit this year!

Yes, please anyone answer this question. I really want to know what Bristol are looking for in a Personal Statement.

Rozca, by the way, I'm also applying here second time. :smile: We're in the same boat. :biggrin:
Original post by arsi123
Four or more A-Levels ? :eek:

To be honest, it doesn't really matter how many A-Levels you're taking. Because the admissions process with the majority of the Uni's is that, the first step is to check whether you meet the entry requirements, academics-wise. So if you have the grades, then brilliant. That stage is complete. Then they move onto the PS and references. So you need just a minimum of three A-Levels, and anymore that you do, there's no advantage, since it won't be taken into account, unless when the admissions tutor are deciding between borderline candidates who competing for limited spaces at the end.

Anywayssss ... I've taken three A-Levels and two AS-Levels.

A-Levels in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.

AS-Levels in Further Mathematics and Geography. :biggrin:

Awesome :smile: ahh true I suppose :smile:

Wow, I bet you were busy last year xD!
Reply 78
Original post by arsi123
Yes, please anyone answer this question. I really want to know what Bristol are looking for in a Personal Statement.

Rozca, by the way, I'm also applying here second time. :smile: We're in the same boat. :biggrin:

Ooh cool :smile: Did you get any helpful feed back from Bristol?
At the open day, they said they look for the following:
- Positions of responsibility / leadership.
- Ongoing commitment.
- Work exp. & reflection on it.

The usual stuff.

I'm assuming in the reference they're looking for a confirmation / extension on the stuff you've said in your PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending