The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by arsi123
What was your UKCAT score ? :smile:

732 which i was really happy about :smile: but am applying for 2 non - UKCAT uni's which is a bit stupid i know!

Hopefully will be okay anyway :/
Reply 81
Original post by rozca
Ooh cool :smile: Did you get any helpful feed back from Bristol?

I emailed to ask them a week ago ( I know, a bit late ! ), but they haven't responded yet.

What feedback did you get ? :smile:
Reply 82
My application was sent to Bristol a week ago, do they send an acknowledgement email?
I didn't get an email either - maybe they don't start processing any applications until Oct 15th? :smile:
Reply 84
I applied last year and got an interview but rejected afterwards, really want to apply again this year but dont know whether i should!!! :/
Reply 85
Original post by milliec08
I applied last year and got an interview but rejected afterwards, really want to apply again this year but dont know whether i should!!! :/

What's your academics if you don't mind me asking? Did you get any feedback with regards to your interview? I'm re-applicant and applying there. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply 86
Can I get some help to make up my mind, and be perfectly honest please!

A-levels
Chemistry- Predicted A
Biology- Predicted A
ICT- Predicted A*/A
Maths- Predicted A*

GCSEs - 4 A*s, 6 A's and a B

UKcat score of 625

Work Experience in hospital/GP/nursing home. Also got good extra curricular...DoE, etc.

Would I have a good chance of getting in? Applying on Monday so need to make up my mind!
Original post by refill
Can I get some help to make up my mind, and be perfectly honest please!

A-levels
Chemistry- Predicted A
Biology- Predicted A
ICT- Predicted A*/A
Maths- Predicted A*

GCSEs - 4 A*s, 6 A's and a B

UKcat score of 625

Work Experience in hospital/GP/nursing home. Also got good extra curricular...DoE, etc.

Would I have a good chance of getting in? Applying on Monday so need to make up my mind!

Your A levels seem good enough, what were your AS results like? I dont know about their GCSE policy but you seem to have good results there. UKCAT is irrelevant. Sounds pretty good to me :smile:
Reply 88
I got 3 A's and just missed the A is Chemistry, but am repeating now in January. Is it not very competitive though? Whats their main form of selection?
anyone know how many offers Bristol give out?
Just sent off my application!
Reply 91
Original post by MedicineBug
Just sent off my application!

hey! i sent mine a couple of days ago :smile: have you received an acknowledgement email?
Original post by arsi123
Hey, could you please shed some light onto the type of questions they ask at Interview please ? :smile:

If you could list a few, that would be splendid ! :biggrin:

In my interview they were really nice! They asked the expected why medicine, why Bristol, asked about my work experiences, my time management, my hobbies and they mentioned that I had a good reference from my school. Also, five minutes before we went in we were given an 'ethical scenario' which we had to discuss at the end of the interview - just pros and cons, then make a decision about what we would do in that position.
Hope some of you do come to Bristol cause it's lovely! :biggrin:
Original post by jasqur
hey! i sent mine a couple of days ago :smile: have you received an acknowledgement email?

No I didn't, did you? From UCAS or University?
Reply 94
Original post by MedicineBug
No I didn't, did you? From UCAS or University?

I've got confirmation emails from ucas and all unis except bristol. I'm guessing they wait until the offical deadline on the 15th.
Reply 95
any internationals applying to bristol?

what are your stats?
Reply 96
Original post by .eXe
any internationals applying to bristol?

what are your stats?

Heyy I'm applying to Bristol :smile:

I'm a high school graduate with around a 95% average with not a lot of hospital/volunteer work :frown: unfortunately
Reply 97
very nice :smile: Im Canadian too! Hmm, Im a university graduate with slightly lower average (94%), but my high school average was terrible (89%) :frown: Still not sure whether I should apply to Bristol or Leeds :s-smilie:

My ukcat isn't great but my PS is. Which school gives more consideration to the PS?
Reply 98
Application has finally been sent off yesterday! Dying to get a place at bristol. Really hope I get in. Good luck everyone!
All you Bristol applicants better have a cracking personal statement! They base selection on 20% grades and 80% personal statement. I wish you all luck, that stupid policy made me think twice about applying.

Quick Reply

Latest