The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Rubixcube
I doubt i'll get in, I sort have it in my mind now that I won't get in. Going to Manchester on Sunday for a look around. :smile:

Results were okay AAB so I'll resist biol and Maths to try and get higher marks (b in biol and I scraped an A in Maths!!) so I'm hoping it'll be okay!

How were yours? :biggrin: x

Hope you enjoy Manchester!
Yeah they were fine, managed to get an A in the impossibly hard chemistry paper. Stupid OCR!

Everything else was good, defo not the UMS I was expecting though. I think my teachers were pretty surprised with them :smile: !!
GUYS! I have an offer for AAA with an A in chem, but alternative conditions are A*AB, does this mean if I get A*AB, it doesn't matter whether I get a B in chem?
Reply 1122
Hi
Does anybody know what Bristol want immunisation wise? Do you have to be immunised against hepatitis B before you go or can you be immunised there once you start the course? Their website doesn't really give any clear indications about what they want :s-smilie:
Original post by tomtom415
GUYS! I have an offer for AAA with an A in chem, but alternative conditions are A*AB, does this mean if I get A*AB, it doesn't matter whether I get a B in chem?

Congratulations on the offer :biggrin:

But you have to get an A in chem, regardless of which conditions you fill. You wouldn't meet the offer with a B, even if you got A*AB overall.

Congratulations!!! when was your interview?
Original post by isabellatee
Congratulations!!! when was your interview?

Thanks! Urm, 15tb december I think, and I got my offer on around 20th :smile: but I think it's going to be my backup, Leeds (if I get an offer) or Birmingham as my firm :smile: have you got any offers?
Rejected without interview. Only one choice left. ****ing buzzing.
Reply 1127
Could I study medicine?

A Levels

A - Eng Lang & Lit
A - Bio
A - Chem
B - Hist

GCSEs

A Eng Lang
A Eng Lit
B French
C History
C Maths (Foundation)
B Maths (Higher)
B Science (Core)
Dis* BTEC Science
B Short Course RE
Dis* IT BTEC
Just got rejected, after interview, after I was put 'on hold'.
4 rejections now...
have no idea what to do.

Good luck everyone with your applications :smile:
Thanks! Urm, 15tb december I think, and I got my offer on around 20th :smile: but I think it's going to be my backup, Leeds (if I get an offer) or Birmingham as my firm :smile: have you got any offers?

Cool, yeah I have an offer from Manchester. have had an interview at Bristol and waiting to hear. Fingers crossed for Leeds then!
Original post by HopefulMedic#1
Just got rejected, after interview, after I was put 'on hold'.
4 rejections now...
have no idea what to do.

Good luck everyone with your applications :smile:

Damn. Really sorry. remember chatting to you before, we had our interviews on the same day and were both put on hold. I haven't heard yet.
Don't give up on medicine! :smile:
Original post by isabellatee
Damn. Really sorry. remember chatting to you before, we had our interviews on the same day and were both put on hold. I haven't heard yet.
Don't give up on medicine! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
I honestly thought I had a chance, but ah well that's life.
The fact that you haven't heard back is a great thing, because we had our interview on the same day...

But now it's either taking a gap year or doing biomed...
I don't want to do anything else, but I know that there's a great chance of rejection as a re-applicant :/
It's dependant on my UKCAT and grades now...
Just can't imagine studying something for three years which i'm not passionate about...

I'm sure Bristol will give you an offer :smile:
Original post by HopefulMedic#1
Thank you :smile:
I honestly thought I had a chance, but ah well that's life.
The fact that you haven't heard back is a great thing, because we had our interview on the same day...

But now it's either taking a gap year or doing biomed...
I don't want to do anything else, but I know that there's a great chance of rejection as a re-applicant :/
It's dependant on my UKCAT and grades now...
Just can't imagine studying something for three years which i'm not passionate about...

I'm sure Bristol will give you an offer :smile:

Hey! Don't give up on medicine! I have taken a gap year and I have found applying with my already achieved A Level grades has been really useful... Don't do biomed if that isnt what you want to do! :smile: especially as you got so close this time, imagine what a year of prepping can do :smile: x
I got rejected yesterday pre-interview too.

Re-applicant as well, I am. Totally gutted ! :frown:
Has anyone this week received offers for interview at Bristol?
Reply 1135
Original post by GrantG
Could I study medicine?

A Levels

A - Eng Lang & Lit
A - Bio
A - Chem
B - Hist

GCSEs

A Eng Lit
B French
C History
C Maths (Foundation)
B Maths (Higher)
B Science (Core)
Dis* BTEC Science
B Short Course RE
Dis* IT BTEC

No.
Original post by GrantG
Could I study medicine?

A Levels

A - Eng Lang & Lit
A - Bio
A - Chem
B - Hist

GCSEs

A Eng Lang
A Eng Lit
B French
C History
C Maths (Foundation)
B Maths (Higher)
B Science (Core)
Dis* BTEC Science
B Short Course RE
Dis* IT BTEC

Is there any reason that you didn't do science GCSEs? Most medical schools require it, but if you have mitigating circumstances, they may be more lenient because you've met the A-level requirements (are those A2 or AS grades?)

Aside from that, your GCSEs are below average, so be careful where you apply (rule out Birmingham, Cardiff etc.). Call your desired medical schools up before you think about applying though- the lack of GCSE science won't work in your favour. Also, your foundation GCSE maths will have been cancelled out by you improving on the higher paper.
Reply 1137
Has anyone else who was put on hold heard anything yet? I know they said they'd get back to us mid-april but considering someone has heard already I was just curious :smile:
Any internationals have got interviews yet?
Original post by Priyanka456
Any internationals have got interviews yet?

No, not yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending