The Student Room Group

Bristol Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
it ok i guess...i am just getting too old, lol
Reply 1241
Does anyone know when they will offer/reject the people who've had an interview? They're leaving it pretty late...
Reply 1242
LOL!! how about people they did not interview
Reply 1243
Is there anyone, who did not get interviewed but was still not rejected? I am one of them
Original post by Phil90974
I will be applying for 2013 entry. I have just been on the Bristol site and seen AAB contextual offers, taking into account school performance etc., and I was wondering whether anybody received this offer?

Thanks

This may be a new thing for the 2013/14 entrants; I don't remember seeing an AAB contextual offer anywhere in the 2012 prospectus. It appears that they've removed the A*AB alternative conditions too...
Reply 1245
Bristol is really really unpredictable!
Ohh right. I hope the contextual offer policy isn't just to make it appear the uni is reaching out to everybody, really hope it is genuine!

Yeah, most likely it'll apply to state sixth forms/colleges with an average A-level score below a certain threshold. I think Bristol are trying to make a name for themselves as a "state-school friendly" place, as it's had a previous reputation (which is both untrue and a hideous generalisation) for housing all the bitter, typically private-schooled Oxbridge rejects. But yeah, all the people I know who are hopefully going to Bristol next year couldn't be more lovely!

Good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 1247
Four rejection
Reply 1248
Has anyone being interviewed on 4th of April received a reply from Bristol?
Reply 1249
Offerrrrrrrrr finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1250
My goodluck to those of you, who have successfully got an offer............Alhamdullilah! and my hopw to those who havent, in sha Allah next year. I know it is hard, as it is hard for me as well. Every morning i wake up with a pain in my heart, that I am going to be old, really old.........like 27 when I will be graduating. There are so pain involving other issues, basically going through a lot of mid-life crisis. But God does , He does for good. So those of us who may have to take a gap year, let us discuss our plans and pains............may be we will be able to do sooo many good things and make God happy. Probably gap year will be best for us in sha Allah.
One of you may decide to open a chat thread.
Again my heartiest consolation to those who are being able to get an offer..... May God Bless you people
Reply 1251
Original post by tim3
My goodluck to those of you, who have successfully got an offer............Alhamdullilah! and my hopw to those who havent, in sha Allah next year. I know it is hard, as it is hard for me as well. Every morning i wake up with a pain in my heart, that I am going to be old, really old.........like 27 when I will be graduating. There are so pain involving other issues, basically going through a lot of mid-life crisis. But God does , He does for good. So those of us who may have to take a gap year, let us discuss our plans and pains............may be we will be able to do sooo many good things and make God happy. Probably gap year will be best for us in sha Allah.
One of you may decide to open a chat thread.
Again my heartiest consolation to those who are being able to get an offer..... May God Bless you people

You really have nothing to worry about on the age-front: I will be 32 when I graduate, and it really doesn't worry me. Honestly.

Is this your first year applying? Are you planning to re-apply next year? Seriously, a bit if "life experience" will make you all the more likely to get an offer next year, should you choose to re-apply.

Best of luck with it all anyway....
Reply 1252
Original post by louxise
You really have nothing to worry about on the age-front: I will be 32 when I graduate, and it really doesn't worry me. Honestly.

Is this your first year applying? Are you planning to re-apply next year? Seriously, a bit if "life experience" will make you all the more likely to get an offer next year, should you choose to re-apply.

Best of luck with it all anyway....

Hey I am sorry if i have offended you, please dont mind, you will have a bachelor and as well as a masters i guess, but me only the meds......soo it makes sense hehe.
and i didnt understand about should i reapply. yes this is my first year i am gonna graduate from high school............did you mean should i choose to reapply as in a question or, I should reapply!
and the age is issue is just personal to some ppl .........lol, it just bothers you alot
Reply 1253
Original post by tim3
Hey I am sorry if i have offended you, please dont mind, you will have a bachelor and as well as a masters i guess, but me only the meds......soo it makes sense hehe.
and i didnt understand about should i reapply. yes this is my first year i am gonna graduate from high school............did you mean should i choose to reapply as in a question or, I should reapply!
and the age is issue is just personal to some ppl .........lol, it just bothers you alot

You didn't offend me at all; I was just trying to say you really shouldn't worry about your age!

As for saying "should you choose to re-apply": I meant "if you choose to re-apply" - in this context, "should" and "if" mean the same thing! :smile: Apologies for confusing matters...

Anyway...good luck if you choose to re-apply!
Reply 1254
I will be applying for 2013 entry. I have just been on the Bristol site and seen AAB contextual offers, taking into account school performance etc., and I was wondering whether anybody received this offer?

Thanks

My offer is AAA or A*AB with chemistry at A. I come from a school that would definitely qualify for lower offers but when I enquired they said it would make no difference to your offer.
Reply 1255
Firmed Bristol :biggrin:
Guys, does anyone know when they're sending out accommodation info and occupational health? Bristol's my insurance, but I thought I'd ask anyway

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1257
Original post by tomtom415
Guys, does anyone know when they're sending out accommodation info and occupational health? Bristol's my insurance, but I thought I'd ask anyway

never heard anyone mention accomodation :confused:
Reply 1258
Original post by tomtom415

I've received the occupational health form quite a while ago . Don't they only send them to those who have firmed Bristol ?
Original post by Mub93
I've received the occupational health form quite a while ago . Don't they only send them to those who have firmed Bristol ?

Oh right, maybe...well the grades are the same for Bristol and my firm, so if I don't get into my firm then I'm not going to bristol either :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending