Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Islam4UK is more British than the EDL

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something I hear a lot from white people is a dislike for e.g. Islam, in the name of preserving "British culture" or "honouring your ancestors".

Well, let me tell you this. Are you an ethic white British person? Then the vast, vast majority of your ancestors were devoutly religious, God-fearing people. They supported justice procedures such as an eye for an eye and the death penalty. They got married and had a family. They didn't sleep around or take drugs. They prayed a lot and went to church, and they lived spiritual, non-materialist lifestyles.

Put simply, your "culture" - aka the degenerate culture of modern Britain - is simply an ephemeral blip on the horizon that will soon die out. Even the most fundamental Islamist is much closer to the true "white British culture" than a modern day EDL member. So if anyone ever reads about Islam and thinks that it is threatening the "traditional culture" of this country, you are wrong. Islam is much closer to the traditional culture of this country and the traditional culture of British people than the degenerate modern day western culture, which is typified by words such as oversexualisation, drug addictions, alcoholism, materialism, promiscuity, pathetic justice, etc.

I am a defender of Islam and considering officially converting.. If you oppose this, because you feel Islam threatens modern day culture, remember that you are the traitor to the traditional way of the British people, not me, and you are the person who has betrayed your ancestors' culture and values, not me. Remember that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am no traitor.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Something I hear a lot from white people is a dislike for e.g. Islam, in the name of preserving "British culture" or "honouring your ancestors".

Well, let me tell you this. Are you an ethic white British person? Then the vast, vast majority of your ancestors were devoutly religious, God-fearing people. They supported justice procedures such as an eye for an eye and the death penalty. They got married and had a family. They didn't sleep around or take drugs. They prayed a lot and went to church, and they lived spiritual, non-materialist lifestyles.

Put simply, your "culture" - aka the degenerate culture of modern Britain - is simply an ephemeral blip on the horizon that will soon die out. Even the most fundamental Islamist is much closer to the true "white British culture" than a modern day EDL member. So if anyone ever reads about Islam and thinks that it is threatening the "traditional culture" of this country, you are wrong. Islam is much closer to the traditional culture of this country and the traditional culture of British people than the degenerate modern day western culture, which is typified by words such as oversexualisation, drug addictions, alcoholism, materialism, promiscuity, pathetic justice, etc.

I am a defender of Islam and considering officially converting.. If you oppose this, because you feel Islam threatens modern day culture, remember that you are the traitor to the traditional way of the British people, not me, and you are the person who has betrayed your ancestors' culture and values, not me. Remember that.
    Britain has a strong drinking culture hence you are the betrayer.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You want to join a backwards religion to save the concept of a Britain that never existed? Go right ahead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Who cares? Does it really matter which culture is closest to "traditional british culture".

Cultures constantly evolve and change with time. Social norms are constantly altering and will continue to evolve into the future. To be perfectly honest, I dont really give a s*** whether my own personal lifestyle choices difer to that of "traditional British culture". Your point of "Islam is really like old British values" is a bit ridiculous and rather pointless.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drobinson)
    Who cares? Does it really matter which culture is closest to "traditional british culture".

Cultures constantly evolve and change with time. Social norms are constantly altering and will continue to evolve into the future. To be perfectly honest, I dont really give a s*** whether my own personal lifestyle choices difer to that of "traditional British culture". Your point of "Islam is really like old British values" is a bit ridiculous and rather pointless.
    Exactly. I think you missed the point. The whole point is that it's something that you will hear a lot from the anti-Islam mob - things like "race traitor" or "betraying your culture". But the truth is that a white person who converts to Islam is far more honouring his ancestors, and is far more living in the traditional white British culture, than e.g. your average modern English person who live secular, materialist, promiscuous lifestyles.

They call themselves the "English Defence League", but in reality all they are defending is a culture which is NOT English and has no place in these lands, and they are spiting their ancestors by promoting the pathetic, degenerate culture that mainstream Britain has today.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Both groups are idiots. Both groups are also human. But both groups are also a**holes making things a million times worse for the UK.

To each his own culture, thoughts and way of life. When you start protesting in front of people for the mere sake of offending, which both groups are doing, society breaks apart.

My advice: Shut the f**k up, go home, tend to your wife, find a job or keep busy. We live in Britain, the economy is more important and we need to help the poor. Stop wasting so many £1,000,000's of pounds of British tax payer money IN THE MIDDLE of a FRICKING economic downturn on PROTESTS.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I think you missed the point. The whole point is that it's something that you will hear a lot from the anti-Islam mob - things like "race traitor" or "betraying your culture". But the truth is that a white person who converts to Islam is far more honouring his ancestors, and is far more living in the traditional white British culture, than e.g. your average modern English person who live secular, materialist, promiscuous lifestyles.

They call themselves the "English Defence League", but in reality all they are defending is a culture which is NOT English and has no place in these lands, and they are spiting their ancestors by promoting the pathetic, degenerate culture that mainstream Britain has today.
    Most of our ancestors were stupid peasants, hunter gatherers, and factory/farm labourers. I'm quite glad I'm not like them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

You clearly don't know much about history. Victorian Britain wasn't some sort of highly moral time, people did cheat and have children outside of wedlock at this time as well. Heck go back to the medieval time and people still were still doing these things. Traditionally British people take Sundays off, eat pork dishes and drink (alcohol has always been a big part of British culture), these are things Islam doesn't do. Culture is more than ideology as well. Islam is a religion and not a culture, an African Muslim and a Yemen Muslim will have different cultures, therefore fundamentalists Islamics are not more British. Also Britain may have been more religious in the past but it was a more Christian country, not an Islamic one.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    But the truth is that a white person who converts to Islam
    Think you might need to read a bit more of the Qur'an
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightstar-27)
    You clearly don't know much about history. Victorian Britain wasn't some sort of highly moral time, people did cheat and have children outside of wedlock at this time as well. Heck go back to the medieval time and people still were still doing these things. Traditionally British people take Sundays off, eat pork dishes and drink (alcohol has always been a big part of British culture), these are things Islam doesn't do. Culture is more than ideology as well. Islam is a religion and not a culture, an African Muslim and a Yemen Muslim will have different cultures, therefore fundamentalists Islamics are not more British. Also Britain may have been more religious in the past but it was a more Christian country, not an Islamic one.
    A hypothetical highly Christian society has much more in common with a highly Islamic society, than it does with modern Britain.

At the end of the day - if somehow Britain became an Islamic state overnight, we would be much closer to the "traditional culture" of Britain than we are now.
Updated: September 4, 2011
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.