The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

How do the decide on your final degree classification at University of Leeds?

How do they decide on your final degree classification specifically at the University of Leeds (I couldn't find any information on it) :frown:! What is the second year worth compared to the third year? Someone told me that 68 is considered to be a first at Leeds but everywhere else is 70? Is that right?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just about to start second year so I was wondering how much it was worth! :smile: Thanks
Original post by kellywellydoodle
How do they decide on your final degree classification specifically at the University of Leeds (I couldn't find any information on it) :frown:! What is the second year worth compared to the third year? Someone told me that 68 is considered to be a first at Leeds but everywhere else is 70? Is that right?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just about to start second year so I was wondering how much it was worth! :smile: Thanks

Yeah, that's right! Leeds considers an average of 68.5 as a first in the final calculation of your average.

They calculate 50:50 (equal weighting) and also a double weighting in the last year and then give you the bigger of the two.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest