The Student Room Group

LSBF ACCA+MBA dual programme

Hello Guys,

I am currently a student at Lancaster University. I was thinking of doing that dual programme of ACCA+MBA that LSBF has to offer. Although i dont have any problem with the ACCA since the place of doing it is irrelevant as long as you pass the papers, i am concerned about the MBA of that programme. Is is an MBA from the Grenoble University or the one from Wales. Also i would like to know the fees and the duration of that dual programme. Am only asking cause am a little confused from what LSBF website says.

Thanks in advance,
What's the point of doing the ACCA if you're not working for a firm? Surely you won't be able to actually qualify, not to mention the astronomical cost of funding it yourself.
Reply 2
Well, am thinking that it will be best if i enter the job market with both an MBA and ACCA, instead of only a degree. The earnings would be greater. This was a suggestion from one of my profs. Besides ACCA does not require any past work experience like ACA or ICAEW does.
Reply 3
I don't agree. An MBA from LSBF is worthless.

ACCA does not require work experience before you can sit exams (You need to be in the last year of your training contract to be eligible to sit the Advanced Case Study), but you still need 3 years work experience to get membership.
To describe LSBF's faculties as second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth . . . class would be an insult to Lancaster or other truly second class universities. Harvard, Penn and Stanford being the truly first class universities.

Why the **** do they describe themselves as world-class or the FT-rated? This is an insult to academic communities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending