The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by lillyryanharper
Heard back today exactly a week and a day after submitting. Cartwright Court anyone? X

Got given a room in a student house instead of halls :/ x
Reply 961
Reply to wrong message
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 962
Original post by ecs94
Got given a room in a student house instead of halls :/ x

Me too! Which street?
Reply 963
Original post by medman001
Me too! Which street?

Ruthin Gardens you?
Reply 964
I got allocated a room in a student house too but I'll probably reject it and go for private accommodation at Cambrian Point which has bigger, ensuite rooms which are quite cheap. I phoned them up and they said they get many first year Cardiff students which they then group together, and it's right next to Talybont so should be decent.
Reply 965
Original post by ecs94
Ruthin Gardens you?

Same. :smile:
Just booked to live in cambrian point instead of student house :smile:
Original post by Elwyn
Last year (2011 entry) It was roughly 3000 applicants for 300 places.

Where are the first years in Cardiff based?
Reply 968
Original post by mmmcookies
Where are the first years in Cardiff based?

First years are based in the School of Biosciences, Cathays Campus.
Reply 969
Whats Cardiff like on the UKCAT? Would they accept a score of like 500 :frown:..even if I meet the Grade Requirments and have tons of work experiance
does anyone know when enrollment days are please ? I've tried to look on the Cardiff university website but it keeps saying there's an error:/
Reply 971

Original post by laurenlouise
does anyone know when enrollment days are please ? I've tried to look on the Cardiff university website but it keeps saying there's an error:/

School Inductions/Activities:
MEDICINE YR 1
MB BCh: Year 1 of 5-yr course (A100)
Monday 24 September
Please report to the Michael Griffiths Lecture Theatre, Heath Park site (ref 114 on Map 5) at 10.30am for the Course Introduction given by the Dean of Medical Education.
This will be followed by ‘Family’ scheme activities, organised by MedSoc.
3. School Enrolment:
3.1 MEDICINE YR 1
MB BCh: Year 1 of 5-yr course (A100)
Tuesday 25 September
Please report to Lab W1.01 in the Biomedical Sciences building, Cathays Park site (ref 35 on Map 4) at the following times:
Surnames A - D: 8.45am Surnames E - H: 9.10am Surnames I - L: 9.30am Surnames M - P: 10.00am Surnames Q - S: 10.20am Surnames T - Z: 10.30am
NB: The enrolment venue will close at 11.00am
Lectures commence at 12.10pm in the Shared Lecture Theatre (first floor East wing of the Biomedical Sciences Building) that afternoon.
ENTRANCE TO THE BIOMEDICAL BUILDING IS VIA THE COLOURED GLASS CUBE FOLLOW SIGNAGE TO STAIRS TO REACH FIRST FLOOR
Original post by ecs94
Ruthin Gardens you?

I'm in Ruthin Gardens too :smile: . Number 20
Reply 973
Hi,

I did my UKCAT today and had got 585 average

VR:590
QR:590
AR:610
DA:510

Do I meet the UKCAT cut of?

My current stats are;
GCSE; 2 A*s (1 in Chemistry and a short course ICT), 5 A's and 2 B's (One in Physics and One in Geography)
AS level result: ABB (A in Chemistry, B's in Economics and Biology BOTH 1-2 UMS of an A overall)
Predicted A level is AAA
Also taking the EPQ and might get a B on that (count as my 4th AS)

Do I have a shot at this university?

Thank you for reading just im very worried :/
Reply 974
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 975
Hi,

My current stats are;
GCSE; 2 A*s (1 in Chemistry and a short course ICT), 5 A's and 2 B's (One in Physics and One in Geography)
AS level result: ABB (A in Chemistry, B's in Economics and Biology BOTH 1-2 UMS of an A overall)
Predicted A level is AAA

Original post by king101
Hi,

My current stats are;
Predicted A level is AAA

Cardiff don't have a UKCAT cut-off; they only use it to differentiate between similar applicants post-interview. This is as of last year, this year may have changed but I doubt it. Ring and check.

Cardiff use a GCSE points system and they do use a cut-off for that. If you were applying last year I don't think you would've made the cut off - ring them and ask them what the cut-off was last year. It's something like 9 top GCSEs A*=3 points, A=2 points, B=1 point, [I THINK]. Again the GCSE points system may have changed for this year but I doubt it, they've been doing it for a few years, ring and check anyway. I think your GCSEs are your main concern with Cardiff medical school.
Reply 977
Original post by king101
Hi,

My current stats are;
Predicted A level is AAA

Sorry, but not a hope of getting into Cardiff. For a start EPQ does not count as 4th AS also 4/5 is minimum A* GCSEs to get an interview
Original post by m3scrumpy
Sorry, but not a hope of getting into Cardiff. For a start EPQ does not count as 4th AS also 4/5 is minimum A* GCSEs to get an interview

Hi, do you know if achieved A-level grades give you additional points to your academic score out of 27?
Original post by This Honest
Hi, do you know if achieved A-level grades give you additional points to your academic score out of 27?

yes I'd like to know that too. (i.e if the academic score out of 27 is improved if you have a single grade A at AS level already, ina ddition to the GCSE count)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending