The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Is it OK to use aeronautics instead of aerospace?

Quick question,
In my personal statement, do you think the admissions tutor will mind if I used the word aeronautics instead of aerospace?
Other unis use aeronautics so thats why Im inclined to use it
They barely even read them, just skim over.. You'll be fine, unless the admissions person is crazy.

My friend applied to History at one uni when his personal statement was about Philosophy and English, and he still got an offer.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Explodeation
They barely even read them, just skim over.. You'll be fine, unless the admissions person is crazy.

My friend applied to History at one uni when his personal statement was about Philosophy and English, and he still got an offer.

Oh are you sure? I thought personal statements are something that can make or break your selection? :/
Original post by Alientrooper
Oh are you sure? I thought personal statements are something that can make or break your selection? :/

If they're on the fence about you, then they might read your personal statement a bit closer; but think about it.. They have thousands of applicants to get through in a few weeks, so they're hardly going to study each one closely.
Reply 4
Original post by Explodeation
If they're on the fence about you, then they might read your personal statement a bit closer; but think about it.. They have thousands of applicants to get through in a few weeks, so they're hardly going to study each one closely.

Oh ok fair enough.
Yeah it doesn't matter. Most people use the two interchangeably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending