The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by «THÖMÅS®©™»
And if your prepared to come here and cause malice to someone else, I suggest you leave!

**EDIT**

And for the record, I have done extensive research of my own and found that many different countries do allow "Aspie's" to enlist, this INCLUDES the United States. This led to me making a ground breaking discovery, just because one has "Asperger's like myself and the thread starter, does not mean that they are incapable of performing a job, in this case fighting for his country. I would suggest that you should be banned from here after that little rant at me with intent to cause malice to others like myself too.

Banned? For making halfway decent points and actually coming up with a counter argument? You must be new to the internet...

Just because other countries do it does not make it a valid argument. Other countries legislate for a great deal of things that Britain never should. And the Armed Forces are one of those organisations that doesn't really need to justify itself in terms of selection criteria. They receive many hundreds more applicants than posts they have, they can use -almost- whatever criteria they want to pick people. Take the RAF Pilot example. They require no history of asthma, of hayfever, near-perfect vision and precise height and weight standards. Do they need to be as picky? Well, aside from the last one, no, not really. There's no real reason why someone with slightly iffy eyes couldn't fly a plane, why someone who had hayfever once when they were 5 couldn't then be a pilot at 25, but they put in place those restrictions anyway.

Frankly, I agree with the guy you're having a go at; seeking damages and a reversal of policy is beyond optimistic, to the point that I'd call whichever lawyer picking up your case certifiable.

And, in the extraordinarily unlikely case that you did get it reversed, having presented the case in the first place would then guarantee the Army wouldn't take you, they don't want troublemakers.
Reply 21
And if your prepared to come here and cause malice to someone else, I suggest you leave!

**EDIT**

And for the record, I have done extensive research of my own and found that many different countries do allow "Aspie's" to enlist, this INCLUDES the United States. This led to me making a ground breaking discovery, just because one has "Asperger's like myself and the thread starter, does not mean that they are incapable of performing a job, in this case fighting for his country. I would suggest that you should be banned from here after that little rant at me with intent to cause malice to others like myself too.

Malice? You need to grow up son.

I am not suggesting you are unemployable, i am saying you are not suitable to be a soldier.
It is NOT to be aligned with other employment. you might be fine in other jobs.

do you know why i am so passionate about it? Because its my mates lives you could be playing with.
you seen that program bomb squad? i knew several of the amputies that where on that. Last nights episode was Herrick 13, my tour of afghanistan. you think it would be a wizz and jolly time and you'd be the next rambo. What I see is a gung ho little boy who thinks he knows what war is like and thinks he knows better than the countless medical staff, the high ranking official ands government ministers who make these decisions.

you seem so certain you will be fine, and have no problems. I assure you, even guys with perfect mental state experience problems from afghan. you cannot be sure you are symptom free. You are only symptom free in the environments you have experienced.
The USA only allowed openly gay people to serve in their forces from, erm, yesterday? It matters not what other forces do, but what reasons are presented by the MoD as to their entry criteria. I remain very interested as to what you are taking to the High Court and what outcome you desire.
Because this would involve divulging my legal case, I cannot comment or go further at this point.

Suffice as to say, I am not challenging the fact they said "no" to enlistment in March 2003, What I am challenging is the way they have dealt with my application AND the lies they have spun since then to this day about me, making stuff up.

c471, I need to "grow up" rich coming from you, first I am 25 years old, born 10th August 1986. I am grown up thank you and my challenge to the MoD is justified based on what I have seen in papers that they supplied me with, I will be preparing my case fully later today for review by the Royal Courts of Justice.

If all of you are going to bash me here, I guess it wasn't worth registering after all!
Reply 24
c471, I need to "grow up" rich coming from you, first I am 25 years old, born 10th August 1986. I am grown up thank you and my challenge to the MoD is justified based on what I have seen in papers that they supplied me with, I will be preparing my case fully later today for review by the Royal Courts of Justice.

Wow, 25! That took the wind out of his sails!
THÖMÅS, I sympathise with you. Mental health is an extremely complex and generally misunderstood area with a lot of stigma attached to it and it can act as a barrier in social and professional situations. However you don't seem to be listening to what others are saying here. The armed forces can say no, they do say no and to be perfectly honest they should say no to anyone that isn't unquestionably fit for service. I'm not going to repeat what others have said because you don't seem to be hearing the message.
What I will say is that you are clearly emotionally involved with this topic (based on your charged language) and that you could do with taking a step back and viewing the issue objectively. Based on your posts it would seem that you experience difficulty hearing (or at least understanding) other peoples view points and that you stick to your guns regardless of what others say. You also seem slightly paranoid that the MOD is out to get you...
they are attempting to deny that I did anything in 2003... They deny both of these and I have dates... They deny I ever took the BARB test...The lies they have spun since then to this day about me, making stuff up...ad infinitum
(edited 12 years ago)
The fact is that they are and have been since my first application in March 2003.

The paperwork I have proves this beyond doubt!
Reply 26
The fact is that they are and have been since my first application in March 2003.

The paperwork I have proves this beyond doubt!

They are and have been.... what?

You didn't get in. They won't let you in. Even if you change their perceptions and make them spend money they don't have and that should be spent on people being shot at you still won't get in.

Unless you're attempting to prove that by their actions they've cast a stain on your character I fail to see what the actual point of your claim is.
Reply 27
This is why I stay out of threads like this :rolleyes:
Original post by Drewski
Unless you're attempting to prove that by their actions they've cast a stain on your character I fail to see what the actual point of your claim is.

Cast a "stain on my character"? More like totally destroyed my life and removed my legal rights!
totally destroyed my life and removed my legal rights

That is quite a strong claim. Lots of people get rejected from jobs they want to do and live full lives. I fail to see how being rejected has destroyed your life and removed your legal rights (whatever they are). I accept you can't talk too much about your impending case, but let us know when the hearing is and the outcome.
Reply 30
Cast a "stain on my character"? More like totally destroyed my life and removed my legal rights!

Not that you're bitter or anything
Original post by jacet
Not that you're bitter or anything

huh? What?

EDIT**

Original post by ProStacker
That is quite a strong claim. Lots of people get rejected from jobs they want to do and live full lives. I fail to see how being rejected has destroyed your life and removed your legal rights (whatever they are). I accept you can't talk too much about your impending case, but let us know when the hearing is and the outcome.

Only 2 of the 4 I have mentioned, I also believe that the MoD are corrupt and use bribery to get a report in their favour!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
I also believe that the MoD are corrupt and use bribery to get a report in their favour!

... I repeat...
Original post by jacet
You also seem slightly paranoid that the MOD is out to get you...
Reply 33

Only 2 of the 4 I have mentioned, I also believe that the MoD are corrupt and use bribery to get a report in their favour!

snore. you are a few years away from wearing a tin foil hat, and setting up an OP in your attic to watch for the aliens that are stealing your thoughts.
Original post by c471
snore. you are a few years away from wearing a tin foil hat, and setting up an OP in your attic to watch for the aliens that are stealing your thoughts.

LMAO!

**EDIT**

I dont thik it would suit you mate, to argumentative.i used to have asthma mate and I always wated to join the rgbw regiment.iv grown out of it now and im joining 6rifles.

Let it slide.
Tuesday 4th October will decide my fate!
Reply 37

Really? You think they're going to change their mind?
Reply 38

No, it won't.

At the absolute most it might make them look again at Aspergers. But due to the simple fact you brought the case; you'll never get in. The Army does not want trouble makers and rabble-rousers in it's ranks.
If they offered me the chance to join I would say no anyway.

I wish to force them to look at Asperger's in a more positive light rather than a dim one thinking the above in my first post on page 1 rather than make inappropriate assumptions without being appropriately qualified or know anything if any about it!