Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Gcse maths edexcel higher linear exam in november 2011

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I GOT A MATHS EXAM IN NOVEMBER.

I WANTED TO KNOW CAN 2 TOPICS COME UP ON BOTH PAPERS ( CALCULATOR AND NON-CALCULATOR ) ?

E.g IF PROBABILITY CAME UP IN PAPER 1 (CALCULATOR) DOES THIS MEAN IT WONT COME UP IN PAPER 2 (NON- CALCULATOR) ?

OR AM I WRONG?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE FIND ME THE BOTH EDEXCEL HIGHER LINEAR JUNE 2011 EXAM PAPERS? (I KNOW THE ANSWERS ARE ON A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT I WANT THE PAPERS)

I TRIED TO FIND THEM BUT I CANT.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me pleeeaaaasssseeeee?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is unlikely that a topic will come up in both papers but it can happen. If you have a question worth a lot of marks on probability in paper 1 then it is not likely to come up in paper 2. However, I have done papers where there are questions of the same topic on both papers but these are not usually worth many marks.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vorsah)

I WANTED TO KNOW CAN 2 TOPICS COME UP ON BOTH PAPERS ( CALCULATOR AND NON-CALCULATOR ) ?

E.g IF PROBABILITY CAME UP IN PAPER 1 (CALCULATOR) DOES THIS MEAN IT WONT COME UP IN PAPER 2 (NON- CALCULATOR) ?

OR AM I WRONG?

ALSO CAN SOMEONE FIND ME THE BOTH EDEXCEL HIGHER LINEAR JUNE 2011 EXAM PAPERS? (I KNOW THE ANSWERS ARE ON A DIFFERENT THREAD BUT I WANT THE PAPERS)

I TRIED TO FIND THEM BUT I CANT.
    I've sent you a PM.

Yes topics can come up on both papers.

Note that the first paper (paper 3) is non-calculator and paper 4 is calculator
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vorsah)

OR AM I WRONG?
    Your example is very broad, for a specific topic like draw a cumulative frequency graph and estimate some answers from it..... that would only appear once but something as broad as 'probability' there'll probably be questions on both papers.

Mathswatch are very good at predicting what topics are most likely to come up on the second paper after the first one has happened.
    http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/

have a look at their site the day after your first exam.

Several teachers are also usually kind enough to post their educated opinions on it in the maths forum.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    I've sent you a PM.

sent u my email send the papers asap.

many thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    I've sent you a PM.

Thanks where did you find these from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you are doing the new spec or the old one it very unlikely that both questions will come up- ur teacher should have told you about what paper you will be doing but because you are doing linear the papers will properly be different ( one calculator one none calculator). im going to be doing a maths exam to in november 2011 but mine is modula
    • 365 followers

ReputationRep:
    Folks you must read this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...hp?f=373&a=747
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So... What does that mean?
    • 365 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flimbys101)
    So... What does that mean?
    It means that this exam is yet to be taken in some Centres and you are giving other candidates clues about the answers. You must not discuss this at this time on this site.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    It means that this exam is yet to be taken in some Centres and you are giving other candidates clues about the answers. You must not discuss this at this time on this site.
    We are only discussing the paper in general, not the questions
    • 365 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flimbys101)
    We are only discussing the paper in general, not the questions
    Read the link I provided - any discussion = 10 warning points.
Updated: November 9, 2011
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.