The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
For live music there's the Yorkshire House and Feedback held at the Farmers Arms.

There's alt club nights held at Hustle (Mondays), Toast (Mondays), Brooks (Tuesdays) and The Sugarhouse (Thursdays).
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I haven't seen much of Lancaster but i heard it's a town that is quite focused around the student population so there is bound to be a good nigthlife there, with plenty of pubs and clubs.
Reply 3
hi,
i think the night life in Lancaster is quite good. it doesn’t have anywhere near as many places to go as a large city such as Manchester, Birmingham etc but it has quite a few. Lancaster is also defiantly a student town at night so everything is geared towards us. So you can often get free buses back to uni or about £7-£9 in a taxi. there is also quite a variety in venues. the main clubs are;

Sugarhouse owned by the student union and probably the biggest club and has a mixture of music. I like this place as drinks are quite cheap and you’re not squashed onto the dance floor.

Liquid, quite a nice place and again quite roomy with mainly R&B/hip-hop kind of music.

Toast, not as big as the others but has 2 parts, one Hip-Hop/R&B and the other Rock/Indie.

Lounge, quite small bar like venue that again plays mainly Hip-Hop/R&B. i personally don't like this place due to it's size but i have many friends who like it the best. the only reason i go in there is due to a great drink called Hypnotic! :smile:

The Carlton; about as big as the sugarhouse but is in Morecombe. this is the cheesiest club ever but as long as you drink a lot you would be surprised how much fun it is. mainly plays cheesy music with quite a few classic floor fillers (bring on YMCA :wink: ) with tickets you also get free bus rides there and back, takes about 30min from campus.

they are the main clubs around and then there are also quite a few bars that can be good like Vodka Revolution and the usual Walkabout and Weatherspoons.

And don’t forget the 9 bars on campus!

Latest

Trending

Trending