Light Hoppy Golden Ale
    3.03%
    Bitter
    7.27%
    Mild/Stout/Porter
    6.67%

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    See Poll: What is your preferred style of beer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Desperados, Corona, Brahma - I'm assuming you'd categorise them all as Continental Lager?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guinness. (Stout)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a real ale drinker here. I like most sorts, though not keen on novelty or wheat beers. I tend to err towards darker beers, and if one is on offer I will almost always find myself ordering a mild at the pub.

On a hot summer's day I'd usually go for a nice IPA, or may occasionally go for something like a Peroni (despite not being a big fan of lagers in general). However, I did come across a gorgeous, dark, Mexican lager a short while back - Negra Modelo - if you can find it, try it: it's amazing.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like bitter.

I heard it's apparently an old man's drink though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ale all the way.

Lager tastes like lemonade in comparison. And Don't get me started on stuff like Bud Light and Corona.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maveryck)
    Desperados, Corona, Brahma - I'm assuming you'd categorise them all as Continental Lager?
    Personally I'd say they fall into the more commercial lager style - Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Coors, Budweiser, Corona, Sol, Brahma, Cobra,

There's a bit of a grey area - San Miguel for example - but generally the above are rather lighter and weaker tasting than the traditional Czech and German lagers.

Desperados and the other one that sounds similar (Amigos?) is just a bog-standard commercial lager with tequila added. Don't really like it myself.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I like bitter.

I heard it's apparently an old man's drink though
    I get that a lot too :/

Sometimes, I want to drink something that doesn't taste like piss (Carling) and is the choice of your average chav.

And I'm the weird one? Pfft.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Being from Burton-on-Trent, the brewing capital, its only natural that I like ales and bitters. Something like Pedigree, Banks's, or a local ale does it for me every time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Egg Militia)
    I get that a lot too :/

Sometimes, I want to drink something that doesn't taste like piss (Carling) and is the choice of your average chav.

And I'm the weird one? Pfft.
    Strongbow tastes the most like piss! (no i havent had piss in my mouth lol).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicharito14)
    Strongbow tastes the most like piss! (no i havent had piss in my mouth lol).
    The king of piss is definitely fosters. I hate that crap.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Belgian abbey ale.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erdinger is my favourite beer but I tend to drink Heineken when out.

Guinness is the best drink by far but suited more to a quiet pub rather than a night out
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skisimon)
    I'm a bit of a real ale drinker here. I like most sorts, though not keen on novelty or wheat beers. I tend to err towards darker beers, and if one is on offer I will almost always find myself ordering a mild at the pub.
    Pretty much this.

Although I won't say I like anything because I know from experience I'm not keen on ales with a lot of aroma hops in them because they tend to be florally. I will try anything though.

Love a good mild; they can be a bit of a rare find though Also love a good porter.

Real ale's great because there's so many different types. Of course, most annoying thing is pubs which are tied to the big breweries (in Wales it's Brains) and while the law means they are still allowed a guest ale even if tied into a contract, that means you don't always get a great variety in any individual pub. That makes finding a good real ale pub all the better though; we've got one in Cardiff where the landlord says he can get hold of almost anything and he regularly has four different ales on. :cheers:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Once the kidneys have done their job, why not save your money and drink your own piss if you love that beer taste?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Real ale, Belgians, anything thats proper and spends little time with men in suits.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Voted continental lager given that I usually drink that. Belgian Abbey Ales (Leffe for me) and Weissbiers (Weihenstephan) are also fantastic though.
    • 10 followers

(Original post by py0alb)
    What is your preferred style of beer?
    It depends on the occasion. I most enjoy belgium abbey ales but I only drink them when celebrating or happen to making an outing to a well-stocked pub. Otherwise I just drink pale lagers as session beers - I find the snobbish talk about them gets carried away.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whatever Budweiser, Corona and Cusquena are. Love them, could drink only them for the rest of my life. :ahee:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.