3.03%
    Bitter
    7.27%
    Mild/Stout/Porter
    6.67%

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drobinson)
    The king of piss is definitely fosters. I hate that crap.
    Agreed. :awesome:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went for trad english ale, though I also like golden ales, bitter, mild and stout (proper stout, none of this tasteless "English Guinness" stuff)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Surprised to see so many ale/stout drinkers! Thought I was way out of my generation guzzling the stuff "like an old man"!
    • 10 followers

(Original post by Gurdles)
    Surprised to see so many ale/stout drinkers! Thought I was way out of my generation guzzling the stuff "like an old man"!
    retro innit
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curzon)
    That needs to be said by the merchant from Resident evil 4 for UBER effect :cool:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    It depends on the occasion. I most enjoy belgium abbey ales but I only drink them when celebrating or happen to making an outing to a well-stocked pub. Otherwise I just drink pale lagers as session beers - I find the snobbish talk about them gets carried away.

Belgian Abbey Ales are great, although unfortunately generally extortionately expensive in this country. I find Czech Lagers, German Weissbiers, and English hoppy golden Ales the most enjoyable session beers.

However I will often end up drinking standard commercial lagers like Carling or Amstel if they're on offer and I'm not feeling particularly flush or nothing better is available. At the end of the day, beer is still beer and its still the greatest drink ever invented.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Larger is coming out on top in the Polls. You Phillistines!
    • 10 followers

(Original post by py0alb)
    Belgian Abbey Ales are great, although unfortunately generally extortionately expensive in this country.
    A few are available on amazon as boxes of 24 for <£3 a bottle - always worth having some in reserve should an occasion come up!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious - to those who chose commercial lager, is it because you actually prefer the taste of it? Or is it because its the cheapest and most widely available? Is it the only thing you've only really ever been exposed to? Would you drink something else if you could afford to?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Love a bit of everything really. IPA's are nice and I enjoy my brown ale's too. Most on-tap bar beer's are alright but I love Blue Moon. Hobgoblin as posted in this thread is very nice too! I always find myself grabbing a few craft-beers when I can when I am at my local beer store. Pumpkin ale is coming too, it's this time of season where I will start drinking it so I'm going to get my hands on a few bottles. Duvel is excellent, probably my favourite beer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In general, bitter because you can't go far wrong. Then there are a few proper ales I like: Sharp's Doombar, Abbot Ale and Worthington's White Shield. But if you're in a random bar, I find you can't go far wrong with a pint of IPA. As long as it isn't a summer IPA. Summer Ale's(in general) tend to be vile.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Guinness, Desperados, Berliner Weiße (Wheat beer with rasberry syrup) and Newcastle Brown Ale.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This poll is a shambles, traditional ale all the way.

The Goblin gets a special mention, along with Punk for their kickass blurb:

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nihilum)
    This poll is a shambles, traditional ale all the way.

The Goblin gets a special mention, along with Punk for their kickass blurb:

Its ****ing nice beer as well, that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got lead to this thread, I've gone for stouts and porters. I really can't think of anything that beats a full bodied stout or porter on a cold Winter's day, the bigger the nose on it the better, chocolate malts, cocoa, plenty of roast, yummm Buxton - Dark Night is one to try for any stout/porter lover, superb stuff.

I don't mean to sound like an alcoholic but I enjoy my BIG flavoured lighter beers that are above the 5% mark, Double IPAs, IPAs.

I just generally enjoy big flavours, big on the nose, a head that doesn't disappear instantly and a beer that isn't heavily carbonated. If I'm generally drinking rubbish bland golden ales and bitters I tend to get through them quickly and move on, that said if I'm drinking something too nice, I neck them haha and have another!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChapelTom)
    Got lead to this thread, I've gone for stouts and porters. I really can't think of anything that beats a full bodied stout or porter on a cold Winter's day, the bigger the nose on it the better, chocolate malts, cocoa, plenty of roast, yummm Buxton - Dark Night is one to try for any stout/porter lover, superb stuff.

I don't mean to sound like an alcoholic but I enjoy my BIG flavoured lighter beers that are above the 5% mark, Double IPAs, IPAs.

I just generally enjoy big flavours, big on the nose, a head that doesn't disappear instantly and a beer that isn't heavily carbonated. If I'm generally drinking rubbish bland golden ales and bitters I tend to get through them quickly and move on, that said if I'm drinking something too nice, I neck them haha and have another!

Have you tried brewdog double IPA? Thats got a big flavour to it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not had it, generally drink cask but if I see a bottle will have it. Drinking in Wetherspoons means cask can often be as cheap/cheaper as/than buying bottled!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like non-hoppy ales the most. I guess that would come under "Traditional Strong English Ales", although I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between those and bitters. I also like the darker beers/milds I've tried, but I've had nowhere near enough to call them a favourite type.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerdog)
    I like non-hoppy ales the most. I guess that would come under "Traditional Strong English Ales", although I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between those and bitters. I also like the darker beers/milds I've tried, but I've had nowhere near enough to call them a favourite type.
    like more malty ales, or the fruity, floral variety?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.