The Student Room Group

What Is An A*

What % of your As in any subject ( In this case Maths ), can you achieve to get an overall A* in A2?

So whats the lowest you can get in As ? 60% ? 70 % ? To get an A* in A2? Need to find out.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Khan - 786
What % of your As in any subject ( In this case Maths ), can you achieve to get an overall A* in A2?

So whats the lowest you can get in As ? 60% ? 70 % ? To get an A* in A2? Need to find out.

Thanks.

80% in AS and 90% in A2
Lowest one can get at AS to get an A* at A2 is 60%, however that would then be dependent on 100% at A2.

Generally it's 80% at AS, 90% at A2.
In Maths, it's 80% average over all modules (so Cores 1-4 and your two options), plus 90% average on Core 3 and Core 4.

Thanks.

For maths you need 180/200 across C3 and C4 (the A2 modules) and 480/600 overall. So if you did just scrape a C at AS it's still possible to get an A*, but unlikely.
Reply 5
Actually, once you hit 70% in your AS, getting any higher than that won't help you to get an A* overall at all. To get an A*, you need 90% at A2 and 80% overall, so since you're getting 90% at A2 anyway, you only need a maximum of 70% at AS to get the A*. Obviously getting higher than 70% is good for UMS marks and in case you don't get the A* though :smile:
Reply 6
I got 2 of them yet I didnt get into a good uni.. A* means **** all to me
Reply 7
Its what A used to be, now an A is what used to be a B, a B is what used to be a C etc.

Its just an admittance that A levels and GCSE has scummed to so much grade inflation they have to move the grades down and add another on on top.

Quick Reply

Latest