The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

NUS card application - University ID number

Hello!

Does anyone know what this is for UH? I tried H36 but that didn't work. What is it asking for exactly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Herts don't let you buy them through the NUS Extra site unless things have changed this year. You have to buy them through the SU site because it links with all their login systems.

See here: http://www.uhsu.co.uk/index2.php/services/nus/
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by flipshot
Herts don't let you buy them through the NUS Extra site unless things have changed this year. You have to buy them through the SU site because it links with all their login systems.

See here: http://www.uhsu.co.uk/index2.php/services/nus/

hi,

can we use this card to purchase an oyster card?
Reply 3
Original post by sofia.wan
hi,

can we use this card to purchase an oyster card?

an oyster card only costs 3 pounds!
Reply 4
Original post by Pop_tart
an oyster card only costs 3 pounds!

hehe ok. thanks.
Reply 5
hehe ok. thanks.

You can get one in most tube stations in London and the larger trainstations:smile:

They actually cost 5 pounds to get but 2 pounds is already loaded onto the card.
Reply 6
I can't seem to apply for NUS card.

When I tried to register, the error message appears that "The University of Hertfordshire Online system and NUS Extra application system is currently closed." Is there a specific time when we can apply for NUS?
Is it better to use NUS or NUS Extra? Cause I've already have my ISIC card.
Reply 7
I can't seem to apply for NUS card.

When I tried to register, the error message appears that "The University of Hertfordshire Online system and NUS Extra application system is currently closed." Is there a specific time when we can apply for NUS?
Is it better to use NUS or NUS Extra? Cause I've already have my ISIC card.

You dont need to buy a NUS card at all, you only get some discounts with it and stuff but all students can get one of course if they want.

If I were you I would just wait till uni starts, there will be loads of people walking around and you'll be able to get one in the forum or something.
Reply 8
You dont need to buy a NUS card at all, you only get some discounts with it and stuff but all students can get one of course if they want.

If I were you I would just wait till uni starts, there will be loads of people walking around and you'll be able to get one in the forum or something.

okie. thanks again. :smile:
Reply 9
what about the uni shutter bus?
from where can I buy the monthly ticket?

UH uni is not make it easier as we cant apply for student oyster card unless we register, which will mean we have to buy full price for two weeks!!
Reply 10
Original post by soophia
what about the uni shutter bus?
from where can I buy the monthly ticket?

UH uni is not make it easier as we cant apply for student oyster card unless we register, which will mean we have to buy full price for two weeks!!

the shuttle bus is free, it goes between the two campuses and the park and ride.

you can buy monthly tickets online but for a annual pass or somethingyou got to wait till you start -you got to go to the student centre for that. although actually I think they have forms online. have a look I'd say :tongue:

what is it that you need to register for your oyster card? - what oyster card are you getting anyway?
Reply 11
the shuttle bus is free, it goes between the two campuses and the park and ride.

you can buy monthly tickets online but for a annual pass or somethingyou got to wait till you start -you got to go to the student centre for that. although actually I think they have forms online. have a look I'd say :tongue:

what is it that you need to register for your oyster card? - what oyster card are you getting anyway?

Are you talking about the Oyster card, here? I hope so! :redface:
Reply 12
Original post by GBateman
Are you talking about the Oyster card, here? I hope so! :redface:

na I was talking about UNO bus tickets

There is no such thing as a monthly ticket for Oyster. You can top up an Oyster card online and stuff though or auto top up where it gets taken out of your account automatically.

For like monthly tickets you need to buy a travel card :smile:
Reply 13

There is no such thing as a monthly ticket for Oyster. You can top up an Oyster card online and stuff though or auto top up where it gets taken out of your account automatically.

Ohhh!

Are the UNO bus and Shuttle Bus the same things or different?
Reply 14
Original post by GBateman
Ohhh!

Are the UNO bus and Shuttle Bus the same things or different?

Same thing. There is a free uno bus that goes between the campuses and they call it the shuttle bus :tongue:

The UNO bus company is run/owned by the university.
Reply 15
Same thing. There is a free uno bus that goes between the campuses and they call it the shuttle bus :tongue:

The UNO bus company is run/owned by the university.

Now I get it, lol.

Your previous post confused me a little 'cause you said it was free but then said you can buy monthly tickets so I thought you were referring to the Oyster Card (hence my previous comment) - but all is clear now ;D
Reply 16

Ermm... Actually there kinda is: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx If you click on the 'How much do I save?' button it tells you about the weekly, monthly and annual Travel Cards but the student Oyster gets you money off :smile:

Sorry to be contrary! :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by eric_herts
Ermm... Actually there kinda is: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx If you click on the 'How much do I save?' button it tells you about the weekly, monthly and annual Oyster passes :smile:

Sorry to be contrary! :P

No worries at all :p:)

''18+ Student Oyster photocard

If you are:
- Aged 18 or over
- Enrolled with a participating education establishment registered on the TfL scheme, or on mandatory work placement in London
- Enrolled in an eligible Higher Education Level 4 or above full-time or part-time course
- Resident in London during term time''

You can only get the 18+ card if you live in london. The monthly and anual fares are just travelcards really but im pretty sure you can buy them with your oyster card.

The travel card is only really worth it if you going into london like 7 days a week though
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18

at present I have adult oyster card, I want to apply for 18+ student oyster.
when I called TFL they said "UH is not registered on the TfL scheme) however when I called UH they said " they are registered and I need to get an application form 4rm the student center"
by the way I am residence in London andI will be commuting.
Reply 19
Original post by soophia
at present I have adult oyster card, I want to apply for 18+ student oyster.
when I called TFL they said "UH is not registered on the TfL scheme) however when I called UH they said " they are registered and I need to get an application form 4rm the student center"
by the way I am residence in London andI will be commuting.

Hm strange well yeah if that is true just pick up a form at the student centre (college lane), send it off and see what happens :tongue: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending