The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Credits per semester

It's probably written somewhere that I've missed, but is there a specific number of credits we have to take per semester? It's just that I've finally chosen my modules and it's 75 credits for the first semester and 50 for the second..does it have to be equal? I got a message saying that I should go back and review my choice but I really don't want to change any of my modules! Would 75/50 be okay or will they want to change it?
Typically only 120 credits are taken per year unless they are for example core computing modules.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
As above, generally students will study 120 credits per year. You are advised to distribute your credits evenly across both semesters, but you don't have to.
Reply 3
I have 55/70 split on my modules, so you wouldn't be the only person doing it.
Reply 4
Original post by davidcy147
Typically only 120 credits are taken per year unless they are for example core computing modules.

On the English course we have a mandatory 5-credit online module on writing academically in essays :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
On the English course we have a mandatory 5-credit online module on writing academically in essays :smile:

Yeah, I feel your pain! I had a 10 credit IT module....*sobs*
I'm sure I read somewhere that a 70/50 split is the most they would allow (ignoring the 5 credit English thing).
Original post by jeffercake
I'm sure I read somewhere that a 70/50 split is the most they would allow (ignoring the 5 credit English thing).

In that case it should be okay :biggrin: I do wish I could do two elective modules though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest