The Student Room Group

Computer Science VS Information Systems

Ok just done my first yr at uni got a 2:1 happy, but i know have the choice to either have a degree in computer science or information systems ... now im not sure if future employers will prefer one or the other, or if unis will as i want to do a masters in the future
or will at the end of the day my degree classification matter most?

any ideas???
Reply 1
computer science
Of course it depends which careers you'd prefer and which topics you enjoy the most (after all, don't entirely disregard your enjoyment for 40 hours every week). If you work hard, either degree would likely be of value to you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
well i would like to go into financial banking sector, and so would like to do a financial computing course as my master, and they do state (unis) that computer science or a relevant degree with substantial i.t. content which IS does have, i enjoy both as first year CS and IS did all the same modules.
Original post by shakool2kool
well i would like to go into financial banking sector, and so would like to do a financial computing course as my master, and they do state (unis) that computer science or a relevant degree with substantial i.t. content which IS does have, i enjoy both as first year CS and IS did all the same modules.
In that case, comp. sci. seems the way to go. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending