The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a foundation year A104 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tobnot
I'm just hoping I'll get the email tomorrow! Good luck :smile:

I'm quite confident you will. :smile:

Original post by Khwab x
Do u think its coz were both resitters or reapplicants? I'm resitting and hav been predicted aaa but I got abb
And since they dnt accept applications from ppl who have grades for the 5 year...I don't know what they'll do

I'm a reapp as well so that might not be true. Maybe its just a random order. Dw I'm sure you'll get it.
Reply 61
Original post by Khwab x
Do u think its coz were both resitters or reapplicants? I'm resitting and hav been predicted aaa but I got abb
And since they dnt accept applications from ppl who have grades for the 5 year...I don't know what they'll do

Are you currently resitting your A2's? If so, I'd contact the admissions office and check your UCAS track because they no longer accept applications from students who are resitting for the A104 course.
Reply 62
I thought UEA stopped accepting resitters for a104. I think I read it on their website or somewhere. :s-smilie:
I have an HND in biology and chemistry @ DDD, and I got into final year of uni... how can they tell if I have a degree.. If I apply for the foundation year.. and not mention my Bsc hons.. can they find out?! ...sneeky sneeky I know, but its for a career in medicine, people will do what they can to get in! :wink:
Reply 64
Well that was really really really stupid. And now you've mentioned it on a forum for the whole world to see.:dunce:

You know you could get into massive trouble with UCAS let alone UEA meaning your whole uni application might be cancelled as well as in the future.

Phone up UEA now and tell them you made a mistake. Why didn't you apply for the grad entry?
Reply 65
Original post by muffinmcpuffin
I have an HND in biology and chemistry @ DDD, and I got into final year of uni... how can they tell if I have a degree.. If I apply for the foundation year.. and not mention my Bsc hons.. can they find out?! ...sneeky sneeky I know, but its for a career in medicine, people will do what they can to get in! :wink:

DDD does not meet the requirements for A104 entry, also should you apply they'd ask what you've been doing for the last couple of years. Also, as the above comment says, you've now made it public knowledge on this forum and the admissions team do look at this site. You'd be best of applying for A100 grad courses that do not look at A levels (or equivalent).
Reply 66
Has anyone else not yet received the questionnaire? How do you think I should contact them?
Original post by kickasskaz01
Has anyone else not yet received the questionnaire? How do you think I should contact them?

phone them and ask them to sedn it to you
Reply 68

I still haven't received it :s-smilie:
Reply 69
Original post by tobnot
I still haven't received it :s-smilie:

same here :frown:
Reply 70

did you contact them ?
Reply 71
Don't forget to check your JUNK EMAIL FOLDER!... I received the email on the 25th Nov and only just seen it today. Forms have to be in by 5th December.
Reply 72
Has everyone sent off the forms? Monday's the deadline for those who got the email.

For those who haven't got the email, no news is good news, especially when it comes to medicine where the competition is always high. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by Medican

Original post by Medican
Has everyone sent off the forms? Monday's the deadline for those who got the email.

For those who haven't got the email, no news is good news, especially when it comes to medicine where the competition is always high. :biggrin:

Yeah I suppose so, I'm still expecting an impending rejection from UEA though........
Reply 74
Original post by tobnot
Yeah I suppose so, I'm still expecting an impending rejection from UEA though........

If you meet the a level and gcse entry requirements I don't see why they would reject at this stage. :confused:
Reply 75
Original post by Medican

Original post by Medican
If you meet the a level and gcse entry requirements I don't see why they would reject at this stage. :confused:

I know, I'm just expecting it because of the lack of this email!
Reply 76
Original post by tobnot

Hmmm I don't think you should be tbh. :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by tobnot

Hmmm I don't think you should be tbh. :smile:

But I guess its best for everyone to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by tobnot

I phoned up East Anglia the other day and they told me that if you are predicted AAA at A2 then you are directly moved the the five year course, unless there is something on your application that makes you eligible.

They also said that if you haven't received the forms by now then your application is not going to be considered any further, as the deadline is tomorrow and all the questionnaires have been emailed out to the applicants.

Hope this helps.
Reply 79
Guys I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown:

Quick Reply