The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravenous33

Original post by ravenous33
Rejected as well, applied from Sweden. Waiting for 3 more but this first rejection felt really bad :/

I'm sorry! Well I haven't heard and im going on a trip tomorrow..coming back on sunday so I'll definitely get the info on sunday..maybe its a sign for me to enjoy as much as I can before I can see a big fat REJECTED in my face! Oh well..I got rejected from king's btw for pharmacy..coz apparently they dont want backup pharmacy applicants no more!
Good luck everyone and sorry to those who were rejected.

Interview campus is no indiciation of where you end up by the way!
i'm an american i got an interview at hull on jan 14
but my parents will only let me fly to u.k. once and i already have tickets for dec2-9 for my cambridge interview.... i hope they'll let me reschedule.....
curiosity, what percent of applicants are invited to interview? i'm not sure how excited i should be...
Original post by apple17
Don't worry, maybe bmat cutoff will go down for imperial cuz not many people made S1 cutoff? Fingers crossed for you, really hope you get an offer at ur top choice. :smile:

Original post by preraphaelite
curiosity, what percent of applicants are invited to interview? i'm not sure how excited i should be...

Roughly 1000 applicants.

550 to interview roughly.

Around 340 offers.
Original post by MJHERBZ
Interview, 16th december! Helllllllllllllllllllll yeah!

Original post by katiehockey22
Me :smile: 12-4.30. What times yours??

My interview's 12-16:30 too! So excited, nervous tooo :smile: :smile: :smile:
Got my e-mail from HYMS yesterday 15:35 - but strangely enough, heard nothing from UCAS - and it's not on Track. Starting to think maybe I've been accidently invited to interview....
Original post by Erotas
I have one on the same day too! How do you think they decide what days to interview us? Do we have the lowest scores :s-smilie:

It's done alphabetically with all the internationals on one day. So don't worry. I was practically the last person in HYMS to be interviewed and I'm here 3 yrs on, with no problems :smile:
Reply 249
So have other people with rejections taken up the offer of moving your application to another department at either of the uni's then.....because I put my application towards Biochem at york........
Original post by dragonfly647
Got my e-mail from HYMS yesterday 15:35 - but strangely enough, heard nothing from UCAS - and it's not on Track. Starting to think maybe I've been accidently invited to interview....

Interviews don't show up on UCAS Track. You'll only hear from UCAS when you get an offer or rejection.

AKA your interview is the real deal.
Reply 251
I had an interview at HYMS last year but then received a rejection. The overall score needed for an offer was 71.5 and i scored 70, so im really hoping for another interview this year!

I had my interview at hull and asked then if it had anything to do with where you would later be allocated and was told it didnt.
For all those worrying about the article it really isnt that bad, if anything it just relaxes you and eases you into the interview, i was told by another applicant that they dont score the answers you give to the article related questions, not 100% sure if thats true though!

Well done and good luck to those with interviews, its honestly not as bad as you're all expecting it to be!
Reply 252
Original post by H-22
I had an interview at HYMS last year but then received a rejection. The overall score needed for an offer was 71.5 and i scored 70, so im really hoping for another interview this year!

I had my interview at hull and asked then if it had anything to do with where you would later be allocated and was told it didnt.
For all those worrying about the article it really isnt that bad, if anything it just relaxes you and eases you into the interview, i was told by another applicant that they dont score the answers you give to the article related questions, not 100% sure if thats true though!

Well done and good luck to those with interviews, its honestly not as bad as you're all expecting it to be!

So how many points is the interview worth? I've got an interview, which I'm thrilled about, but I hope I wasn't just above the cut-off! Alternatively, if my application scored quite well it could take a lot of the pressure off for the interview, but I'm not so optimistic :tongue: Either way, I'm still gonna put all my effort in.
Original post by MJHERBZ
So how many points is the interview worth? I've got an interview, which I'm thrilled about, but I hope I wasn't just above the cut-off! Alternatively, if my application scored quite well it could take a lot of the pressure off for the interview, but I'm not so optimistic :tongue: Either way, I'm still gonna put all my effort in.

50 out of 110. :smile:
Reply 254

Thanks :smile: I guess I could've just found that on their website :tongue: It's nice/nerve racking to know there are still a lot of points up for grabs....

i'm going to be unable to travel there for the interview... does that mean my chances of admission are like...zero?
Reply 256
Original post by MJHERBZ
Thanks :smile: I guess I could've just found that on their website :tongue: It's nice/nerve racking to know there are still a lot of points up for grabs....

Don't think of it as points. Think of it as you were better than another 1/2 people to get the interview... You've only got to be better than another one to get an offer. Do your prep and you'll be fine. Good luck.. :smile:
Original post by katiecukaboro
It's done alphabetically with all the internationals on one day. So don't worry. I was practically the last person in HYMS to be interviewed and I'm here 3 yrs on, with no problems :smile:

I don't think it is alphabetical because my initials are JP and my interview is on the 7/12 so the first interview day. Saying this I have no idea how the order is determined.
Reply 258
Original post by 2klthor
Don't think of it as points. Think of it as you were better than another 1/2 people to get the interview... You've only got to be better than another one to get an offer. Do your prep and you'll be fine. Good luck.. :smile:

Thanks for the kind words :smile: I can't help but overthink every tiny little detail, it's the curse of the medicine applicant! :tongue: But, as you say, it doesn't help to consider it like that. I've just gotta focus on being completely prepared and do the best I can!
Reply 259
Practice Interview questions posted online:
http://www.hyms.ac.uk/interviewquestions/

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending