The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey, i have an interview tomorrow afternoon in Hull.
Does anybody else?
:smile:
Original post by holderbolder
Hey, i have an interview tomorrow afternoon in Hull.
Does anybody else?
:smile:

Yup I do :smile: currently on the train to hull now...
Original post by apple17
Hey welcome to TSR. :smile:
All intls are on the same day.
And i am canadian too. :biggrin:

Alrighty we've got two Canadians. I'll see you at the interview then :biggrin:
I'm an international applicant! Had my interview today...it wasn't too bad guys...don't worry about it! The interviewiers are so so friendly! The article was a pain, it was so boring I couldn't find nothing interesting! But the question is an ice breaker and its something to get you into interview mode! Its not assessed from what i've heard! I answered 4 qns very well I think, coz they seemed to like it and said like fantastic! I was like hmm..maybe what you wanted to hear? LOL! But chill guys you will be OKAY!
See some of you at 9am tomorrow!
Original post by MAMDS1993
I'm an international applicant! Had my interview today...it wasn't too bad guys...don't worry about it! The interviewiers are so so friendly! The article was a pain, it was so boring I couldn't find nothing interesting! But the question is an ice breaker and its something to get you into interview mode! Its not assessed from what i've heard! I answered 4 qns very well I think, coz they seemed to like it and said like fantastic! I was like hmm..maybe what you wanted to hear? LOL! But chill guys you will be OKAY!

Hmm I thought that all us int people could hang out in Jan :tongue:

I've probably got a few screws loose, but I'm rather excited for the interview. Unless of course they ask really weird questions :eek: . In any case though, it's good to see that you did well.
Good luck everyone, I left Hull today so I won't see any of you but I wish you the best of luck. I remember having my interview on the 16th of December last year in Hull and I remember distinctly how nervous I was. Try to think straight and just act natural :smile:.
Reply 327
Original post by getchanceandluck
Alrighty we've got two Canadians. I'll see you at the interview then :biggrin:

Yay for us!
See you then, are you a torontonian btw? :biggrin:
Original post by AmbitiousMedic

Original post by AmbitiousMedic
I'm aware but just just be cautious :smile:

Yeah I guess so! Oh well I'm shutting my big ass mouth! :smile:
Well, I thought today went very well!
Original post by apple17
Yay for us!
See you then, are you a torontonian btw? :biggrin:

Nope. I'm from New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. I've been to Toronto though and I think it's a nice place.
Reply 331
The list of potential interview questions given on the Hull-York website doesn't include questions such as why medicine? Are they not likely to ask such questions?
Original post by Erotas
The list of potential interview questions given on the Hull-York website doesn't include questions such as why medicine? Are they not likely to ask such questions?

They didnt ask me anything like why medicine... there not looking at things which should have been covered in your personal statement :smile:
Reply 333
Original post by Lizziginne
They didnt ask me anything like why medicine... there not looking at things which should have been covered in your personal statement :smile:

Okay thank you! How did yours go? Are the interviewers nice?
They asked a lot of vague questions, to test your thinking and reasoning, almost liked the classic
"would you rather be an apple or a banana?"
Original post by Erotas
Okay thank you! How did yours go? Are the interviewers nice?

Interviewers were nice... they don't give much away though :/ not sure how mine went... okay I think :/ good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 336
Original post by Lizziginne
Interviewers were nice... they don't give much away though :/ not sure how mine went... okay I think :/ good luck with yours! :smile:

do you mind me asking what sort of questions they asked? like about work experience or not and stuff, got mine in a couple of weeks and the questions they posted on the site sounds a bit tricky:P
Honestly just use the list on the website. Whatever you get will be on that list or on an idea addressed in the list with the exception of the creativity question at the end.
Hey, does any one know whether HYMS have lectures? Also what happens in plenaries?
Original post by 3rd time lucky?
Hey, does any one know whether HYMS have lectures? Also what happens in plenaries?

Apart from plenary sessions (lectures) and clinical placements, in the first two years you do much of your learning in a small problem-based learning (PBL) group, with a facilitator guiding you.
HYMS 2012 prospectus, page 28

:smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending