The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Plenaries are lectures. So we have both PBL and lectures in the course. The lectures are there to support our PBL and vice versa.
Reply 341
Interview tomorrow, getting nervous! any one else got theirs at York tomorrow?
Reply 342
Original post by missdunni
Interview tomorrow, getting nervous! any one else got theirs at York tomorrow?

Good luck! Mine's on the 14th but I won't be able to prepare much because of exams - a couple of hours at the max :L How much prep have you done? I think because of the style of HYMS questions not much prep is needed really because they haven't even seen your ps so they're just trying to see how your mind works? Would you agree? Thanks :smile:
Reply 343
Thank you! Good Luck for yours, I know it sucks that its during exams. JUst reading up on current issues, medical ethics etc - I'd recommend the GMC website they're really good. Yeah I like that they haven't see my ps. You can bring in new ideas etc?
Reply 344
i've got my interview on the 14th Jan too, im quite nervous just hope im ok on the day:smile: how are you all feeling about it? anyone had an interview? how did it go? good luck everyone!
I did my interview, SO RELAXED. it was super. They didnt even sit on the other side of the desk, they were all really really nice.. youse'll be granddd
dreadin glasgows one :/ itll not be as nice
Reply 346
Original post by bdoohan740
I did my interview, SO RELAXED. it was super. They didnt even sit on the other side of the desk, they were all really really nice.. youse'll be granddd
dreadin glasgows one :/ itll not be as nice

That's so good to hear!! And I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: There were only two interviewers right? And I don't want to know specifically but you didn't get any awkward questions to trick you or anything? They were all standard like the ones on their website?
Reply 347
Just checking, are only maths and english gcse certificate photocopies required - their equivalent doesn't mean all the other gcse's too? Thanks.
Original post by Erotas
Just checking, are only maths and english gcse certificate photocopies required - their equivalent doesn't mean all the other gcse's too? Thanks.

That's all I took, as did my friend who also got an interview. You need ID with you too. :smile:
Reply 349
Original post by TTrynkaWatson
That's all I took, as did my friend who also got an interview. You need ID with you too. :smile:

Okaay thank you :smile: Hope your interview went well!
Original post by Erotas

I took everything! Oh well, I'm sure as long as I had the ones they wanted it'll be ok.
Obviously when preparing for the interview I would need to have a pretty good idea of the course structure at HYMS. However, do you think you need to know it as in depth as say knowing all the themes and structures off the top of your head, or is that a bit too much? :tongue: I so far know the general structure, just not the real in depth specifics. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 352
Hi! I got an interview on 14th of jan, international student from portugal. It is the last day of interview, are all interviewers international? Can you give me some basic, but important advice please? much appreciated!
Original post by Jchen
Hi! I got an interview on 14th of jan, international student from portugal. It is the last day of interview, are all interviewers international? Can you give me some basic, but important advice please? much appreciated!

I'm not international, although my interview was rearranged :smile:
Reply 354
Is plenary pronounced plenary or pleenary?
Original post by Erotas

I've always said pleenary :smile:

Although in an interview I guess you could just say lectures.
Original post by Erotas

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=plenary&submit=Submit

I have consulted this website for reassurance countless times. Good site.

Edit: I actually posted it on my iPhone - didn't get to hear what the website said. Sorry it just makes your choice the same as it was. You can use either.
(edited 12 years ago)
Okay, so HYMS interviewers haven't read our personal statements. Do they have a copy in the interview that they can use during the interview, or do they not see it at all?? :smile:
Original post by platty1907
Okay, so HYMS interviewers haven't read our personal statements. Do they have a copy in the interview that they can use during the interview, or do they not see it at all?? :smile:

The latter.
Original post by Kingbradley6
The latter.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending