Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What was your avg UKCAT score?
    500 or lower
    1.45%
    501-549
    1.45%
    550-599
    5.07%
    600-649
    21.74%
    650-699
    45.65%
    700-749
    17.39%
    750-799
    4.35%
    800 or higher
    2.90%

• 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erotas)
    I haven't been to see HYMS. Not too sure about the PBL course but if I get rejections from everywhere else I'd rather go to PBL than no medical school. I am terrified of getting all rejections too :sadnod:. But I'd be even more devastated to have an offer but miss out on it because of not getting the grades!!
    I've been to see Hull and I'm not gonna lie, its BEAUTIFUL in a breathtaking way :O I'm in LOVE with HYMS, hope I get an offer so badly :yy:. Their interviews are horrible though :/ that's if I even get one :| Their PBL course is quite good (I read the whole prospectus) and it's supported by lectures and stuff so it's not 100% PBL, which is a good thing.

And yepp I'd be more devastated by that too, that's why I'm not gonna let it happen - offer or not. Because then if I get the AAA I can reapply.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SylveeDiggs)
    I've been to see Hull and I'm not gonna lie, its BEAUTIFUL in a breathtaking way :O I'm in LOVE with HYMS, hope I get an offer so badly :yy:. Their interviews are horrible though :/ that's if I even get one :| Their PBL course is quite good (I read the whole prospectus) and it's supported by lectures and stuff so it's not 100% PBL, which is a good thing.

And yepp I'd be more devastated by that too, that's why I'm not gonna let it happen - offer or not. Because then if I get the AAA I can reapply.
    Ohh that's good to hear! Why do you say their interviews are horrible?! I've heard that they ask weird questions but is there more? I'm scared now
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's good to hear! Why do you say their interviews are horrible?! I've heard that they ask weird questions but is there more? I'm scared now
    Yeah they ask weird questions and give you an article, to which they ask more questions from. There's a fair amount of pressure :\ but apparently confidence and enthusiasm, plus preparation, is the best way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just got my acknowledgement email too!!
    i've heard the questions can vary a bit after the standard ones:P so we won't hear much before the 2nd?
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiths42)
    i've heard the questions can vary a bit after the standard ones:P so we won't hear much before the 2nd?
    Congrats and nope we won't hear anything, unless you don't meet the minimum requirements probably :yep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiths42)
    Is it the 2nd when they receive our UKCAT results? I thought it was the 4th.
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it the 2nd when they receive our UKCAT results? I thought it was the 4th.
    Sorry yes it is, I was thinking about BMAT day, that's why the 2nd rang a bell
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who was everyone's acknowledgement email from. Mine was from a lady at the University of York, I'm just wondering whether they all come from York or whether this may be an indication of where your application is being considered?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platty1907)
    Who was everyone's acknowledgement email from. Mine was from a lady at the University of York, I'm just wondering whether they all come from York or whether this may be an indication of where your application is being considered?
    I was thinking that too haha! Mine was from a lady at York too though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My first letter of acknowledgement! Was begining to doubt that my application had even been sent off.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionandanswer)
    My first letter of acknowledgement! Was begining to doubt that my application had even been sent off.
    Congrats! Where else did you apply?
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol weren't we all
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platty1907)
    I was thinking that too haha! Mine was from a lady at York too though
    Lady from York :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Where else did you apply?
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Liverpool
    HYMS

Reallllly didnt want to do the BMAT

You?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my acknowledgment from York
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester
    Leeds
    Liverpool
    HYMS

Reallllly didnt want to do the BMAT

You?
    I was gonna do the BMAT but decided against it too. Really glad I opted out!

Newcastle
    Leciester
    Southampton
    HYMS

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They just updated their website today:

"Latest news for applicants

Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview."

Source: http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/...-homepage.aspx
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocket_Science)

Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview."

Thanks for that
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocket_Science)

Yay thanks I'm really glad their number of applicant's didn't increase this year. It was 1200 last year and I was worried that might have attracted some applicants and omg we all hear back from them end of november? spooky stuff :creep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Yay thanks I'm really glad their number of applicant's didnt increase this year. It was 1034 last year and I was worried that might have attracted some applicants and omg we all hear back from them end of november? spooky stuff :creep:
    where did you find out that it was 1034? I thought on their website it said 1200.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 6, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.