The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sliceofcake
I have 2 A4 hardback notebooks with section dividers, an A5 notebook also with section dividers and a nice big binder ready for university. Also, because I've never been without a pencil case, even though I will only be needing a pen and maybe a highlighter for notes in my lectures etc... I bought a new (small) pencil case from Paperchase today.

Also, while I was in there, I found this, amongst all the other things I secretly wanted: http://www.paperchase.co.uk/invt/00496147/
I may give in, but I think my mum may buy it for me. I don't really care, it's for food and organising. I require it.

On top of this, my grandma gave me a load of desk organiser stuff. I think my family found it slightly shameful how happy I was about it and noticed it matched my little bin.

I also require that recipe file, love it!
I know this isn't stationery, but I think it counts as organising...

Pinterest is an organiser's dream! I just love organising images I like into different boards, and quite a few of those images, I confess, are of planners or systems for organising stationery. Anyone else on this thread use it? :biggrin:
I'm new to the thread and don't think anyone else has posted this, but WHSmith are having a sale on Filofax organisers at the moment :drool: I will probably invest in the Raspberry Pink Metropol, in the personal size :u: Now under £20!
Original post by Inner Poise
I'm new to the thread and don't think anyone else has posted this, but WHSmith are having a sale on Filofax organisers at the moment :drool: I will probably invest in the Raspberry Pink Metropol, in the personal size :u: Now under £20!

I think that Ryman does too IIRC. The Filofax organisers were half price there.
Has anyone ever seen narrow ruled post it notes?
I think they will be useful for adding to print outs and lecture notes, but the only ruled post it notes I've seen are very wide ruled.

My WHS has literally 2 Filofaxes in. Not even joking, and they don't have the mid-year diary in that i want :frown:. In other news, they also have 8GB/16GB USB drives for just under £10. I am in two minds as to whether i ought to buy all of my stationary now, or wait until I'm in sheffield/ Manchester. Does get rid of the, how am I supoosed to fit all of this in the car?? I do know how I want it all organised though, which is a start.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TDL
Anyone know where I can get some decent A4 notebooks? I prefer blank paper, but lined is okay also. Looking to buy 10+ so I can get some discount :smile:

Staples.
I'm doing a therapeutic riding course and I have to know all the parts of the horse!! :O so I cannot live without my big huge poster of a horse with all it's body parts labeled!!!
Post-it notes, felt tips, fineliners, note books!!
I love going into stationary shops when I am feeling sad.:colondollar:
Organisation makes me feel better :colondollar:
My boyfriend says I'm OCD but pfffffffffftttttt
I'm just particular about thins:colondollar:
Original post by .snowflake.
My WHS has literally 2 Filofaxes in. Not even joking, and they don't have the mid-year diary in that i want :frown:. In other news, they also have 8GB/16GB USB drives for just under £10. I am in two minds as to whether i ought to buy all of my stationary now, or wait until I'm in sheffield/ Manchester. Does get rid of the, how am I supoosed to fit all of this in the car?? I do know how I want it all organised though, which is a start.

you can order online, with free delivery if it's over £15 (which the filofax I ordered was). My local branch actually doesn't have any on display, just the boxes :confused: I generally dislike WHS but you can occasionally strike gold there :smile:

oh and if it's for uni that you're buying for, you could buy the bare minimum of everything right now and then stock up when there when you find a good shop to go to. My uni's union shop has a nice range of paper, folders etc. for quite a bit less than in normal shops.
(edited 11 years ago)
you can order online, with free delivery if it's over £15 (which the filofax I ordered was). My local branch actually doesn't have any on display, just the boxes :confused: I generally dislike WHS but you can occasionally strike gold there :smile:

I'm going to wait a while/ unti I have my results and know for certain I am going to uni.
Original post by journalismus
I know this isn't stationery, but I think it counts as organising...

Pinterest is an organiser's dream! I just love organising images I like into different boards, and quite a few of those images, I confess, are of planners or systems for organising stationery. Anyone else on this thread use it? :biggrin:

Yes! I really like it! Although I dislike how I had to connect it with my facebook account, and made me automatically follow people/be followed. Now everyone will discover my craziness :frown:
Yes! I really like it! Although I dislike how I had to connect it with my facebook account, and made me automatically follow people/be followed. Now everyone will discover my craziness :frown:

Haha same. If you go into settings you can turn off posting to your facebook timeline, if that helps. :smile:
I'm debating whether to buy a filofax for starting uni or a student academic planner, like this:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=35606956

A filofax can be used again and again but the planner has lots of useful notes and sections; I had a quick look last time I was in WHS.

Thoughts? :smile:
Reply 654
hmm i love stationary and always buy some
i have a very diverse range of paper but most of all i love postick notes , i have loadz of wacky designs and love using them, im on the hunt for a good pencil case :tongue:
I'm debating whether to buy a filofax for starting uni or a student academic planner, like this:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=35606956

A filofax can be used again and again but the planner has lots of useful notes and sections; I had a quick look last time I was in WHS.

I'd personally love the filofax, but can't justify the price, so will end up with a diary much like the one you linked to. If you can persuade mum/dad/nanna/Aunty to buy it, or you have the moeny, then go for the filofax. I've a friend whos at uni and has one. She says she can't live without it.
Reply 656
Hello everyone :smile:

Have just found some of the most beautiful stationery websites, and found the perfect diary for uni :smile: They are...

The Magic Notebook
Katy N June
The Paper Parlour (as well as having some different stuff, they also sell some of the Katy N June diaries a little bit cheaper!)
Original post by .snowflake.
I'd personally love the filofax, but can't justify the price, so will end up with a diary much like the one you linked to. If you can persuade mum/dad/nanna/Aunty to buy it, or you have the moeny, then go for the filofax. I've a friend whos at uni and has one. She says she can't live without it.

Decisions! I have a voucher for WHSmith that I could use on one, now that that they're reduced, or I could ask for one as an early birthday present - my birthday's 3 weeks after starting. Think I'm going to have a look at them in store. :smile:

Consider exactly what you want from your diary carefully before getting a filofax- you're obviously restricted by what inserts they produce. For example I think I'm going to need a day per page diary for uni, but because they don't do academic versions, I'd have to spend £13.50 for just 3 months... I'm finding the price of the inserts and the lack of range slightly defeats the idea of having everything in one place.
Decisions! I have a voucher for WHSmith that I could use on one, now that that they're reduced, or I could ask for one as an early birthday present - my birthday's 3 weeks after starting. Think I'm going to have a look at them in store. :smile:

I've a £15 WHS voucher. I always get one from my aunty. Never have anything to buy with them usually.

Latest

Trending

Trending