The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I wish I didn't go Tescos, all their stuff was sooo cheap and I didn't need most of stuff I got. Picked up 4 lever arch files for 30p each, 4 document wallets for 70p each, some mini Sharpies for 50p and 'fine' Sharpies for 75p.

YES! That's it!!! I really want one now.. but the price is way too much for me! Might try amazon/ebay lol

Thanks for telling me what it is!

They are amazing aren't they :tongue:
Original post by iHeartCookies
Was at WHSmith today and I saw the moleskin notebooks and next to it was these other notebooks for 15 quid I loved them! Wanted to get it but it's a tad pricy :P I don't even know the name of it! It had great quality paper and like a magnetic open strip thing... Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?! Lol and oh it had like a brown cover with owls and there was one with a lady on it... I know it is so vague lol but oh well..

Paperblanks? I'm in LOVE with those notebooks. I plan on buying one when I actually start earning money haha!

Went to Staples and they have 19p gel pens so I got about 10 billion (5! :redface:) in purple :love:, pink, green and black. They had a rollerball pen for a quid and mechanical pencils for 17p and a decent looking ballpoint pen for 50p. The narrow ruled exercise books actually don't exist! The paper I wanted to get was actually just paper with no cover bound into groups of 80 sheets and they didn't even have holes punched in! So I got a narrow ruled refill pad instead. The quality looks decent enough, it's 80 GSM.
I also bought a set of BIC ultra bright highlighter pens and a lever arch from Asda. I can't believe I'm saying this but I've had enough of statioery shopping so I'm not doing anymore! I think I've got everything it's possible to get! I'll use my lever arches from my A levels!
Original post by velocet
I wish I didn't go Tescos, all their stuff was sooo cheap and I didn't need most of stuff I got. Picked up 4 lever arch files for 30p each, 4 document wallets for 70p each, some mini Sharpies for 50p and 'fine' Sharpies for 75p.

3Op lever arch files? *cries* I'm going to tell my stepmum to buy me some!
oh dear, just realized that the ring binders I used for my A Levels have broken, so i'll have to get new ones... :colone:
Reply 125
Original post by diamonddust
3Op lever arch files? *cries* I'm going to tell my stepmum to buy me some!

They had the thinner ringbinders (I think they're called) for 15p each. Was tempted to buy a few of those but I was running out of hands to carry it all.
Reply 126
thanks alot for this thread!! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Paperblanks? I'm in LOVE with those notebooks. I plan on buying one when I actually start earning money haha!

Went to Staples and they have 19p gel pens so I got about 10 billion (5! :redface:) in purple :love:, pink, green and black. They had a rollerball pen for a quid and mechanical pencils for 17p and a decent looking ballpoint pen for 50p. The narrow ruled exercise books actually don't exist! The paper I wanted to get was actually just paper with no cover bound into groups of 80 sheets and they didn't even have holes punched in! So I got a narrow ruled refill pad instead. The quality looks decent enough, it's 80 GSM.
I also bought a set of BIC ultra bright highlighter pens and a lever arch from Asda. I can't believe I'm saying this but I've had enough of statioery shopping so I'm not doing anymore! I think I've got everything it's possible to get! I'll use my lever arches from my A levels!

Yeah they're the ones - Paperblanks! I think I've fallen in love with them aswell :tongue: haha, I really really want to get one, but they are very pricey! Although I may get one to treat myself :wink:

Wow.. I really need to find the nearest staples to me, they seem to have cheap stuff :tongue:

I don't actually need anything else, just a few refill pads which I plan to get from Makro :redface: I bought a pack of them I think it was 10 in them, and they've lasted me a good few years, and the paper is of decent quality aswell :smile:

But I'm deffos going to get a Paperblank notebook now :rolleyes:
Original post by Antifazian
oh dear, just realized that the ring binders I used for my A Levels have broken, so i'll have to get new ones... :colone:

How truly *awful* for you! :tongue: :colone:
Original post by velocet
They had the thinner ringbinders (I think they're called) for 15p each. Was tempted to buy a few of those but I was running out of hands to carry it all.

:laugh:
I know the feeling! I just instructed my stepmum to get me about 6 lever arch files and anything else that looks nice! Her response was: 'I don't know what you want!', my response was: 'EVERYTHING! :biggrin:'
Yeah they're the ones - Paperblanks! I think I've fallen in love with them aswell :tongue: haha, I really really want to get one, but they are very pricey! Although I may get one to treat myself :wink:

Wow.. I really need to find the nearest staples to me, they seem to have cheap stuff :tongue:

I don't actually need anything else, just a few refill pads which I plan to get from Makro :redface: I bought a pack of them I think it was 10 in them, and they've lasted me a good few years, and the paper is of decent quality aswell :smile:

But I'm deffos going to get a Paperblank notebook now :rolleyes:

Is Makro that really awesome bulk buy shop that sells everything? I used to love that place! Ooh I've just thought of the perfect justification for a Paperblank notebook! They say we need notebooks for creative writing workshops! :awesome: I find it funny that I'm more excited about stationery than my course!

No problem Rabbit! I'm just happy there are people who are obsessed with stationery who aren't me!
I may have to get some nicer stuff, lol. First two years of university i was replacing stuff every few weeks because i went for the mega cheap stuff.
Is Makro that really awesome bulk buy shop that sells everything? I used to love that place! Ooh I've just thought of the perfect justification for a Paperblank notebook! They say we need notebooks for creative writing workshops! :awesome: I find it funny that I'm more excited about stationery than my course!

No problem Rabbit! I'm just happy there are people who are obsessed with stationery who aren't me!

Yup :biggrin: Some stuff is decent from there, other stuff is rubbish :tongue: lol but the paper is good :biggrin: Not as brilliant as say.. paper from Oxford, but hey ho, it'll do!

Haha, unfortunately I don't have creative writing workshops :frown: I'm still going to get one though hehe.

I like to have everything organised for uni, then when uni starts, I'll be all over the place!

I still need to get a diary, although I got one last year but I never used it at all.. waste of money really, so not sure if I should bother getting one again or not :/. I used to just write the assignment dates on pieces of paper or something:cool:
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
Expensive fountain pens do not tend to block up.
I enjoy collecting and using fountain pens, and never have an issue with clogs.

** I should add, that if you buy a good brand then as the price starts to go up then you initially pay for a better nib, a much better nib. After you reach a certain price point the nibs are pretty much the same quality but the material of the body of the pen will start to improve ( but the writing capability of the pen will not).
I would only go for a Gold nib, for a good/ not too expensive pen you pay between 60 -100 pounds.
Once you get hooked it is very easy to spend a lot more than this.
If you are careful, a good pen (and the original nib) will last for many years.

Thanks so much for your help! Can I be nosey and ask what your personal favourite brand/ model is?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by truechristian91
I may have to get some nicer stuff, lol. First two years of university i was replacing stuff every few weeks because i went for the mega cheap stuff.

:yes: You've joined the dark side! :colone:
Think of it as an investment. :tongue:

Yup :biggrin: Some stuff is decent from there, other stuff is rubbish :tongue: lol but the paper is good :biggrin: Not as brilliant as say.. paper from Oxford, but hey ho, it'll do!

Haha, unfortunately I don't have creative writing workshops :frown: I'm still going to get one though hehe.

I like to have everything organised for uni, then when uni starts, I'll be all over the place!

I still need to get a diary, although I got one last year but I never used it at all.. waste of money really, so not sure if I should bother getting one again or not :/. I used to just write the assignment dates on pieces of paper or something:cool:

BiB: You just HAD to go there didn't you? Making me envious of your paper... :cry:
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
I really like Caran D'Ache pens http://www.carandache.ch/m/les-instruments-d-ecriture-et-accessoires/index.lbl

They are beautiful pens, but quite expensive for a day to day general writing tool.

I dare say that the pen I use the most is a cross pen ... this one in fact http://www.cityorganiser.co.uk/acatalog/The_Spire_Icy_Chrome_Fountain_Pen_by_Cross_.html

I did not pay this much for it, as i remember I found it on sale for about 80 pounds ( we ll slightly more in total as I got a matching rollerball).

As for ink, I tend to use Montegrappa black ink http://inkblotpens.co.uk/shop/article_IA00I0U.C/Montegrappa-Bottled-Ink.html?pse=coa

:eek: Wow! You're making me want to spend money I don't have on a pen I will probably lose...
I love pens but it's like a law that the second I spend more than £2 on one, it disappears. :tongue:

oh they're beautiful, I love the horse ones!

hmm don't think i'd have any use for one though. :frown:
Reply 137
I hope I don't sound like a retard but I've bought a couple Pukka project pads today. Would I need to buy lever arch files too? Its already got dividers in them so why would I need lever arch files :s-smilie: Also to everyone who's buying notebooks like Moleskine's, what are you going to file in the lever arch files? Are you going to transfer the notes from your notebook to the file?

Sorry for so many questions lol.
Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy oxford paper is?
Reply 139
Original post by *absinthe*

Original post by *absinthe*
Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy oxford paper is?

Tesco/amazon

Latest

Trending

Trending