The Student Room Group

9/11 - How did Building 7 collapse?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hash007
I have studied aviation a little, but from my times at air cadets I was told this by one of the senior pilots. That, because the pentagon wasn't as high and an obvious target as the WTC it would have been extremely difficult to fly a plane directly into the building with amateur skills. I don't think it was a pilot at all, missiles imo.

As a pilot, I can say that either you're making up your testimony, or your friend is a complete idiot.

If you had done any research whatsoever, you'd realise that each of the hijackers had basic flight training, which would have been vastly more than sufficient to do what they did.

You can look at a big panel full of instrumentation all you like, but if you and me sat down in a 757 I could teach you what you needed to be able to do to 'achieve' such a feat in about an hour.
Reply 181
Original post by TableClock
As a pilot, I can say that either you're making up your testimony, or your friend is a complete idiot.

If you had done any research whatsoever, you'd realise that each of the hijackers had basic flight training, which would have been vastly more than sufficient to do what they did.

You can look at a big panel full of instrumentation all you like, but if you and me sat down in a 757 I could teach you what you needed to be able to do to 'achieve' such a feat in about an hour.

Don't shoot the messenger, as I said this is just what I was told.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending