The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Will I be likely to get an interview with these grades/scores?

GCSE: 4 A* 2A 4B 2C
AS level: AAAA
A-level predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT: 2510 overall, 627.5 average

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Harri95
Will I be likely to get an interview with these grades/scores?

GCSE: 4 A* 2A 4B 2C
AS level: AAAA
A-level predictions: A*A*A
UKCAT: 2510 overall, 627.5 average

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

its a bit risky to apply with that UKCAT... cut off last year was 625...if it increases by a small amount this year then george's will automatically reject your application. Compare your results with others for this year, if youre higher than a lot of people then apply becasuse the cut off will be lower. I personally wouldnt apply because its a bit risky.
Original post by tkoki1993
its a bit risky to apply with that UKCAT... cut off last year was 625...if it increases by a small amount this year then george's will automatically reject your application. Compare your results with others for this year, if youre higher than a lot of people then apply becasuse the cut off will be lower. I personally wouldnt apply because its a bit risky.

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to st georges to study medicine this month. These are my stats:

gcse: 10A*
AS: AAABB(chem,maths,physics,further maths,biology respectively)
A2(predictions):AAAA
UKCAT: 743(530,640,900,900)

My main concern is the 530 in VR, st georges had a cut-off of 500 last year but this can change this year right? can they change to something like 550 and won't I be rejected then?? really wanted to apply to st georges but worried I might not get an interview due to my ukcat! urgent advice required!!!! :/
Hi, Ive received my results and achieved 3A*, 7As and 3bs. I am slightly disappointed but hopefully I will work hard enough to do well in a levels whilst also involving myself in work experiences and lots of helpful extra cirriculars.
I was wondering if I would be able to get a place in medicine with these grades and if so, which universities could I get into provided I have strong UKCAT and Alevel results

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending